How would I go about achieving this look?

xxManBeaterxx

You need the right type of tools for this sort of look. You definately need to practice, and you should tweak that look a bit to make it look good on you and your eyeshape and size.

I would first get an eye pencil and draw the black shape first carefully it can probably take 10 minutes for each eye. Then i would fill it in with a dark black matte eyeshadow like carbon you can wet the brush and dip it into your eyeshadow to prevent the fall out or if you dont want to use it wet tap the brush after you dip it in to the eyeshadow to remove excess color, and then carefully line the eyes. Just take your time and be neat, have q tips on the side incase you screw up
smiles.gif

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
You need the right type of tools for this sort of look. You definately need to practice, and you should tweak that look a bit to make it look good on you and your eyeshape and size.

I would first get an eye pencil and draw the black shape first carefully it can probably take 10 minutes for each eye. Then i would fill it in with a dark black matte eyeshadow like carbon you can wet the brush and dip it into your eyeshadow to prevent the fall out or if you dont want to use it wet tap the brush after you dip it in to the eyeshadow to remove excess color, and then carefully line the eyes. Just take your time and be neat, have q tips on the side incase you screw up
smiles.gif

Thank you :]. I tried doing it with this crayon by H.I.P. but it was a little thick, I'll definitely try it again though.

stacylynne

Before you start. I would put a lot of loose powder under my eyes.
Then use sharkskin, after that a matte black shaddow over it.
Black eyeliner.

After look is done brush away loose powder, where you may have fall out.

A way for you to avoid fall out is, tap the brush of excess & tap shadow on.
I agree that this look will take practice & she used an eyebrow pencil.

You can also try to request this look for a tut from a specktra member. There are a lot of talented guys & girls on here.

Good luck, don't give up, just practice...practice...practice

burnitdown_x

Thank you so very much staceylynne. I just tried it again and it's getting better. I'm having trouble getting the eyeshadow onto the drawn area. I used a H.I.P. crayon and the shadow just won't get on it. Oh well, I guess I'll use sharkskin.

stacylynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitdown_x
Thank you so very much staceylynne. I just tried it again and it's getting better. I'm having trouble getting the eyeshadow onto the drawn area. I used a H.I.P. crayon and the shadow just won't get on it. Oh well, I guess I'll use sharkskin.

See, practice makes perfect
smiles.gif

When I first wanted to learn the cat eye look. I literally, sat in front on the mirrow w/ eye makeup remover & liquid eyeliner. Now, I can do it with my eyes closed.
it's all practice. I'm sure you will get it down pat to perfection
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

http://www.the-english-club.com/atta...aris-1967-.jpg

The above picture is for illustration purposes. It's not exactly as your model, but it's to help you create the general shape. The look that you are trying to recreate is similar to a very dramatic vintage inspired Cat-eye. (BTW - It can go by other names too).

The model shown in your picture modified the Cat-eye look by rounded wings slightly and thickened them. The black line on the eyelid area from the inner eye to the wing area is done in a thinner fashion than the illustration picture. Her waterline area has black liner on it too. In the bottom lash area, it looks like she smudged her liner with a eyeshadow brush with a touch of black e/s (Carbon). Her eyebrows almost appear to be done in the same pencil as her black eyeliner to achieve even more intensity. The eyebrows are done with a high arch style. You may find a stencil useful to achieve that appearance. You can get these at your local drugstore.

To avoid fallout in the wing area of the Cat-eye, don't use e/s on the part that is black. Use an automatic pencil to create the shape desired and go over that with a pen tip like brush with M.A.C's Fluidline in Blacktrack.

Finally, I noticed in your picture that the model had on a pale violet shade e/s (Beautiful Iris or Idol Eyes) that was on the eyelid area and extended up a bit over the bone. A sheer-pearl white e/s (Crystal Avalanche) was applied on the rest on the bone area.
~I hope this helps.~

Latest posts