How Would You Change MAC's Foundations?

coachkitten

I agree with what all of you are saying. My biggest gripe is no colors for fair skinned girls. And I wish that they made a lighter feeling studio fix fluid. It literally feels so heavy on my skin.

I am a total MAC snob and I like to use mostly MAC but I have NEVER really loved one of their foundations. I always try MAC's but eventually go back to my old favorites in other lines.

Winthrop44

I definitely agree with what others have said about paler shades. Although I call myself an NC15 I am really a bit lighter than that. I would also like a pump to come on all foundations in the world!

Most of all I would like to see more foundations at all coverage levels for truly sensitive skin, to include people with rosacea skin....they would be:

oil-free (that means zero oils - no essential oils, castor oil, or even "natural oils" - per Jane Iredale - such as jojoba)

fragrance-free (that includes citronellol, sandalwood, and any other esoteric or natural excuse for "parfum")

no chemical sunscreen agents (zinc and titanium would be fine, as would leaving sunscreen/sunblock out altogether)

no propylene or pentylene glycol (butylene glycol would be fine), SD or denatured alcohol, bismuth, aloe, arnica, anything citrus, natural extracts no one has heard of before that are destined to change your life (I'm talking to you Chantecaille!), kaolin, peptides, fruit acids or extracts or anything else designed to lift, tighten or otherwise physically help wrinkles or build collagen, triethanolamine or BHT

Face Atelier has the ingredients right, IMO, but their shades do not run pale enough (and probably not dark enough either) and they're very inaccessible. Their plus and minus shades are nice, but I found porcelain (the lightest foundation shade) so dark for me that I would have needed to buy full sizes of both it and zero minus for over $80, then play around with mixing, and then hope the resulting undertone would look okay.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
...And Mac_Whore. I have a feeling that you're a marketing troll for MAC sent to spy on our forums and find out what all we like so you can produce it.

HAHAHAHA jk. But seriously, how awesome would that be if you were?? Id be friggin PM'ing you every damn day.
winks.gif

I wish! If you're listening MAC, I'm yours! Pay me in product. lol

Wouldn't that be nice? Sighhhh I just have an immensley, hugantic, ginormous interest in the brand.
smiles.gif

spacegirl2007

I agree with:

Neutral shades

More light shades

Color-corrective concealers (does Mac have anything like this or have they ever?)

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I definitely agree with what others have said about paler shades. Although I call myself an NC15 I am really a bit lighter than that. I would also like a pump to come on all foundations in the world!

Most of all I would like to see more foundations at all coverage levels for truly sensitive skin, to include people with rosacea skin....they would be:

oil-free (that means zero oils - no essential oils, castor oil, or even "natural oils" - per Jane Iredale - such as jojoba)

fragrance-free (that includes citronellol, sandalwood, and any other esoteric or natural excuse for "parfum")

no chemical sunscreen agents (zinc and titanium would be fine, as would leaving sunscreen/sunblock out altogether)

no propylene or pentylene glycol (butylene glycol would be fine), SD or denatured alcohol, bismuth, aloe, arnica, anything citrus, natural extracts no one has heard of before that are destined to change your life (I'm talking to you Chantecaille!), kaolin, peptides, fruit acids or extracts or anything else designed to lift, tighten or otherwise physically help wrinkles or build collagen, triethanolamine or BHT

Yeah what she said. It'd be nice to see something for those of us with hypersensitive skins.

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I wish! If you're listening MAC, I'm yours! Pay me in product. lol

Wouldn't that be nice? Sighhhh I just have an immensley, hugantic, ginormous interest in the brand.
smiles.gif

I totally understand your interest, and I really appreciate the question. This kind of thread is much more fun than the usual likes and dislikes. we are actually coming up with some great inventive stuff.

Babe, believe me, one day this thread will be our ticket to a MAC focus group product brainstorming session with the head of product development.. oh no, that was what I was dreaming last night :)

DirtyPlum

A HD formula would be great.

Agree with better colour stabilization on Studio Fix Fluid.

Make a 'Studio' foundation- so that it has the same coverage as SFF but is more moisturising like Select

Reformulate Select Tint so it is more like a tinted moisturiser with better coverage. Or get rid of it and just make Face and Body available at all locations.

For me, mineralize has now taken over Hyperreal in terms of being a moisturising, dewy-finish, natural coverage foundation.... so they need to update that with either more coverage or something, it needs more love.

I personally dont see the point of studio stick but i think ppl like the portability aspect.

More colours is always a good thing - i believe they are doing this slowly, this yr we saw a lot more shades between 40 and 50.

The rest are doing a pretty good job.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
.....Babe, believe me, one day this thread will be our ticket to a MAC focus group product brainstorming session with the head of product development.....

I'm all for it. Sounds good.
smiles.gif

Kayteuk

I really hope MAC starts making lighter shades asap! :-(

I am still thinking of writing a really long letter to them about it...Lol.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Maybe they have this in pro stores but i think it'd be cool to expand the range of undertones to those with intensely olive complexions (i know a girl who would probably be an nc25, but her skin is very yellow it almost appears green)
and maybe even blue undertones like how some skin tones are so dark they appear a bit purple/ blue.
but that's quite rare so i doubt they'd need to make it.

but i also agree with nc/nw 5-10.

ITA w/the bold. I seriously wish SFF came in C7...

MAC...please expand your shades!!! Your brand is dwindling in a time where the range of skin tones has forced other reputable brands to go with the flow. Wake up already and stop making everyone pink or orange...
nonono.gif

I also agree with having tinted moisturizers that are really what they say they are, sheers being sheer, mediums, etc. And a foundation for true sensitive skins...The face skin is really what makes a look, the foundation should be skin-like, not cake-like. Ooh, and yeah, I agree with the HD formula, too.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant

Making them less prone to oxidisation. I know that's asking a lot for oily skinned people but if MUFE can do it, I think MAC can too.

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I'd like MAC foundations that smell a little better (the current ones smell funny, but it isn't overwhelming) and that don't dry quite so quickly (I find that I have to blend really quickly in comparison to other brands I have used). And I would love to see a Hyperreal in deeper shades. That's it! Oh and yes, a tinted moisturizer. Oh and a MSF in Deeper Dark, for contouring and bronzing.

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Built in pumps on alllll foundations, not a separate purchase!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

It's a darn shame that MAC expects its consumers to a freakin' pump after spending $28 on a bottle of foundation.

andrrea

- A better range of shades. Definitely a neutral and olive line.
- Smaller increments between shades.
- A better light to medium coverage foundation or a real tinted moisturizer.

L1LMAMAJ

the NC shades make me look orange. the formula for studio fix foundations are a lil thick for me. i always add lotion. NW is too red.

anita22

I'd like to see:

- Studio Fix powder foundation that has graduated tones in one compact. Kind of like how the BBR MSF degrades go from lighter to darker. My skintone fluctuates all the time, so it would be AWESOME if I could adjust my foundation shade just by swiping a different area of the compact. I hate having to buy two of every foundation!

- Concealer palettes with 2 different textures appropriate for undereye & blemishes, plus maybe a brightener

- A matt tinted moisturiser with SPF15+. The only one I've found so far that agrees with my oily skin is a Clinique one but the colour's not quite right. Perhaps a tinted version of Studio Moisture Fix?

- Built in pumps on all liquid foundations

aziajs

I totally agree about the neutral shades. I am sooooo tired of going back and forth with MAs who match me with a NC45 and telling me it's perfect when I can see that it's too damn yellow and makes my skin look unnatural.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum

Make a 'Studio' foundation- so that it has the same coverage as SFF but is more moisturising like Select

choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I can tick this off now with the launch of Studio Sculpt. Woot!

pianohno

Definitely paler shades! Both NC15/NW15 are too dark and make my skin look a ridiculous colour
th_dunno.gif
and I'd be all over a built in pump too!