HUG ME...a must-have,or over-hyped?

shimpaniac

considering i already have viva glam5?? I think theyre both incredibly similar...right?I tried it the other day at MAC...it was pleasant, but nothing taht would make me yell from the rooftop.But maybe i should give it another try in natural light????
hmm.gif

Im NC 35/37,dark hair,dark eyes, and am scared of hug me washing me out.Never had great luck with nudes,though VG 5 looks GREAT with lipliner.

Im kind of on a budget,and wouldnt wanna throw away money on a lipstik that makes me look sick...or is a replica of vivaglam.Im banking on ur opinion,girlies!!Thanx in advance!
cutey.gif

me_jelly

I have the same skintone/features.

I thought Hug Me was way overhyped until I tried it myself. I'm personally red/bright lippie person and for the longest time, I've been looking for a nude lipstick (like the ones seen on magazines with smokey eyes) - EVERY single nude I've tried before hug me has washed me out, looked too milky or made me look like a corpse.

Hug me is the only perfect pinky-beige nude color that is close to the color of my natural lips (medium pigmented pinky-mauve), but it makes my lips look so much better. It doesn't wash me out at all (it actually gives me a tiny bit of soft pinky color to my lips, in a good way, and is perfect for all my smokey eye looks).

It's so versatile too, when I want to soften up a bright lipgloss, I wear Hug me underneath and together with a bright lipgloss, it gives me the perfect softer in between color.

I've tried every single other nude family lippies at MAC (and from millions of other brands), but this is my fav - natural nude lipstick that doesn't look forced.

I've also tried the VG V lipstick, it's alright, but it's a little frosty for me, personally.

Definitely try Hug Me again and walk around for a while inside and out in the natural light, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

Hope that helps!

shimpaniac

i cannot thank u guys enuff...honestly...!!
smiles.gif
i totally agree with the walking-around-with-hug me-on-idea.Sunlight's always the best judge...and im so glad to know there are others out there who,like me, so have a hard time looking for nudes!!
lmao.gif
they dont say for nothing, 'misery loves company'.hehhehe...
anyway...u were a great help...(as usual, i might add)
ciao for now...
wavey.gif

me_jelly

No problem, glad I could be of some help..try it on again next time and let us know if it works for you!! =)

makeupgal

It is a MUST HAVE!!! I am an NC37 and I use this all the time. Depending on which lipliner you use with it, you can take it to the brown or pink side. I sometimes use plum liner with it or I will use it with spice and I get two totally different colors. I took my little sister makeup shopping and she said if I could only have one l/s which would it be?......we bought her Hug Me. Twig looks similar, but it is way more opaque than Hug Me. Hope this helps.

jenii

I recently got Hug Me, and I've been wearing it every day. It's perfect for the days I want a little color, but am not wearing any eye makeup or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelilprincess
is Hug Me similar to Twig (that one is brownish pink)?

thanks in advance.

Not at all, IMO. Twig is a Satin finish, is more opaque, and more of a medium-mauvey color. They're nothing alike on me.

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelilprincess
is Hug Me similar to Twig (that one is brownish pink)?

thanks in advance.

Although they are both in the pink-beige/brown neutral category, Twig goes on flatter (since it's a satin finish) and is deeper with more brown tones than hug me (which is more pinky-beige than pinky-brown)

yummy411

so funny that this thread was started! i had hug me since the christmas collection last year or year before... i didn't break it out until i read so much about it on specktra... now, it's the second mac lipstick (okay, 3rd to gel and viva glam 5) that i abs love and so glad i found!
clap.gif

mac-me-up

I love Hug Me because it is a versatile color. I like wearing it without lipliner because it looks so natural. Put a little Love Nectar l/g over it, and WOW, lips look sooooo gorgeous! I would say it's a must-have for sure.

BinkysBaby

They are super similiar.
I got Hug Me with a B2M because I wanted a color similar to VG and ended up getting VG anyway. I must admit, I like VG more but they are close in color.