HUGE ELF Sale on their site!! Everything is $1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlsaidwhat

How cool is this?

Apparently the make-up line E.L.F. (Eyes, Lips, and Face) has been bought out by Nordstrom and will be re-packaged with the Nordstrom name on it. They are getting rid of all the make-up in ELF packaging. They are selling everything for $1. yes - one dollar! You do have to pay shipping, however, even with that charge it's cheaper than buying make-up anywhere else-They have powder, mascara, brushes, nail polish, you name it .. Just thought I'd pass along the good deal.

Also, if you use the coupon code: CAROLINA you will get $7.50 off your first $15 of your purchase. Here is the site, have fun!
[FONT=&quot]http://www.eyeslipsface.com/shop.asphttp://www.eyeslipsface.com/shop.asp[/FONT]

Brittni

Check your facts first...

E.L.F. has always been $1.00 for the majority of the stuff....(minus their new mineral lines & bath products)

I get sick of seeing this. Yes it's a good deal but it's nothing new. x_x

Love Always Ivy

ELF has not been bought out by nordstorm, this is a misconception... Eyes Lips Face has always been $1. my mom buys lots of it in bulk and puts it in the balikbayan box to send home to the Philippines :p holla if you hear me pinoys

CaseyKezerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Check your facts first...

E.L.F. has always been $1.00 for the majority of the stuff....(minus their new mineral lines & bath products)

I get sick of seeing this. Yes it's a good deal but it's nothing new. x_x

Wow, you probably could have said that alot nicer.

infernalmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyKezerian
Wow, you probably could have said that alot nicer.

the same thing gets posted word-for-word over and over again on many different makeup boards, so it can get a little infuriating.

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
the same thing gets posted word-for-word over and over again on many different makeup boards, so it can get a little infuriating.

Right, but it's nothing to be bitchy about (I'm not referring to you). If you see the same thing posted again you could either tell the poster nicely or just press the back button and forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitdown_x
Right, but it's nothing to be bitchy about (I'm not referring to you). If you see the same thing posted again you could either tell the poster nicely or just press the back button and forget about it.

it's basically posting chain letters. people copy and paste it over and over again. but it's never occured to them to check their facts to see if it's true before wasting specktra server space to post ridiculous nonsense. have you seen that pg&e commercial about the amount of energy server machines let out? global warming is not cool. i'm trying to stay alive, thanks.

</worst case scenario.>

lsperry

Maybe this will help everyone out....

Read this story about the E.L.F. Cosmetics hoax that's been circulating for about a year now on all kinds of beauty boards....
snopes.com: e.l.f. Cosmetics

Why won't it die already!!! Bet it'll still be circulating in 2010 in some form or another.

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorWhorexD
it's basically posting chain letters. people copy and paste it over and over again. but it's never occured to them to check their facts to see if it's true before wasting specktra server space to post ridiculous nonsense. have you seen that pg&e commercial about the amount of energy server machines let out? global warming is not cool. i'm trying to stay alive, thanks.

</worst case scenario.>

Yeah I'm sure being rude is going to help you stay alive. Like I said it could be said nicely and not in a bitchy manner. Apparently you overlooked that. And no I haven't seen the commercial, and I'm pretty sure one more thread about an ELF sale is not going to kill you. And the thread can be deleted anyway. I'm not saying that it's okay to post threads over and over but it's really not the end of the world as you put it.

clotheswhore

OMG! This is like at least 2 years old!
th_LMAO.gif

It's always been $1 at K-Mart and at the ELF site. It's even cheaper at Big Lots - saw it at $1.80 for 2 items.
winks.gif

girlsaidwhat

Ok.

A friend of mine sent this to me in an email today. She knew I'd be interested.
I followed the link, and everything was $1...so I thought it was legit.

I didn't /know/ that everything is usually $1.

Regardless....
I was trying to do something nice.

Being nice takes very little effort.
Being nasty takes a lot more, and I don't get the need for it. Nothing good comes from it.

It's always best to assume that people have the best of intentions. Wouldn't any of us want that, for ourselves?

janelovesyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Why won't it die already!!! Bet it'll still be circulating in 2010 in some form or another.

What's so funny, is that people who don't even know what e.l.f. is will get all excited and buy the stuff up just because they think nordstrom sells it. Forget actually checking up on the quality.

I think e.l.f. started this rumor themselves lol

aziajs

CaseyKezerian & burnitdown_x, thank you!! I don't know why people choose to express themselves in that way.

Isperry & Love Always Ivy
thank YOU for showing us how to properly address a post like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.