HUGE rave for Dior Bronze self tanner - With pictures!

kristina ftw!

I posted this in the beauty101-community on LJ too, so I'm just gonna copy what I wrote there
smiles.gif

I don't have any pre-self tan pictures, but I'm naturally VERY white. The haircolor in these pictures is my natural color, so that should give a pointer as to how fair I am.
I use Dior Bronze Auto Bronzant (or something to that effect). This is what it looks like:
P183316_hero.jpg

And this is what I look like after using it ... First application:
diorbronze1bm8.jpg

Second application:
diorbronze2lc7.jpg
(Sorry for the protective fireworks glasses, haha.)

I love it to death. Usually I have a problem with self tanners turning yellow on me, because I'm so fair. This one doesn't! And I haven't had any problems with streaking either, but that could also be because of my self tanning mitt from the Body Shop - which I also love dearly, and recommend that everyone who uses self tanners gets!

Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

browneyedbaby

Looks really good. I'm so nervous of using self-tan on my face as I'm really pale too, I might think about trying it too!

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
You look great! How much does this run?

Thank you! Here in Norway it's about $50 a tube, but cosmetics are generally a LOT more expensive here (drug store self tanners will usually cost around $30+, so you get the idea
tong.gif
), so I checked the Sephora website - it says $30! So it's expensive, but to me it's worth it. If you can though, grab a sample! I know how much it sucks paying that much for something, and then have it end up not working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
Looks really good. I'm so nervous of using self-tan on my face as I'm really pale too, I might think about trying it too!

I definitely know how you feel! I've been using self tanners for years now, and I cannot tell you how many times I've burned myself on products that end up making me a yellow mess. Another product that I really like is ModelCo's self tan spray, but I generally prefer the gels/lotions, because I feel that with the sprays a lot of product goes to waste! That, and my whole bathroom is covered in a brown mist after using them, which my mom isn't really too happy about!
th_LMAO.gif

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adela88
doesnt it piss you off when women say its their natural colour, even when you see roots
tong.gif

If you want, I can show you pictures of me from when I was 5
smiles.gif
Do you think I dyed my hair then too? These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago (to be exact -the second one is from new year's, and the first one is from my prom, which was ... Two weeks ago?). Now, here's a little juicy fact for you: Hair is often lightened by the sun. So, it's completely natural that the more recent hair growth is a little darker than the lenghts, when it's winter and no sun! ^_^

kokometro

First off. You're gorgeous. The dior is perfect on you!

I'm sooo pale too. Fish belly white. Westinghouse white.. sooo pasty in the winter. I look so much better in self tanner!

I use the 'paint on tan' that I get from ebay. It rocks. I don't know if I can post the url so I'll just say to search

paint on tan

seller is scoobysnacks1129

The product name is Safe tan. It's sooo worth looking into. It tans down 3 layers.

I use it instead of the Mystic now and it lasts! Love love love it! Not to take away from Dior.
winks.gif

foxyqt

i've been searching for a good self tanner for so long! people recommended lancaster and clarins but those turned yellow on me too (im NC 20/25).. im very glad you posted this! im gonna check it out for sure =D

btw, you're so cute!

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro
First off. You're gorgeous. The dior is perfect on you!

I'm sooo pale too. Fish belly white. Westinghouse white.. sooo pasty in the winter. I look so much better in self tanner!

I use the 'paint on tan' that I get from ebay. It rocks. I don't know if I can post the url so I'll just say to search

paint on tan

seller is scoobysnacks1129

The product name is Safe tan. It's sooo worth looking into. It tans down 3 layers.

I use it instead of the Mystic now and it lasts! Love love love it! Not to take away from Dior.
winks.gif

Thank you so much! And don't worry, any recommendations are very welcome - as happy as I am with the Dior, I'm always on the lookout for stuff that might be even better! I'll definitely take a look! Is it expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro
i've been searching for a good self tanner for so long! people recommended lancaster and clarins but those turned yellow on me too (im NC 20/25).. im very glad you posted this! im gonna check it out for sure =D

btw, you're so cute!

Thank you very much ^_^ Yeah, I always hear about people turning orange after using self tanners ... That never happened to me, but I sure do turn yellow! So I was so happy when I found one that didn't
smiles.gif
I hope it works for you! If possible, get a sample
smiles.gif
Also, I hear Sephora is great with returns, so if you can't get your hands on a sample ... Maybe try getting it there?
smiles.gif
Just to be safe!

Dreamergirl3

wow you are so pretty! and that self tanner looks great on you, I love the color. It's a lovely brown, very natural!

lovelyweapon

Quote:
doesnt it piss you off when women say its their natural colour, even when you see roots
tong.gif

she is from Norway, which is considered to be one of the nations with the highest percentage of natural blondes, and her hair looks pretty natural. but anyway!

i definitely think it looks AWESOME on you. the last experience i had with self-tanner was about 4 years ago and i never touched it again because the experience was so bad. but for sure i'm going to give this one a try because it looks great!
yes.gif
thanks for taking your time to recommend it.

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
wow you are so pretty! and that self tanner looks great on you, I love the color. It's a lovely brown, very natural!

Thanks! Yeah, it's definitely the one of the most natural looking tanners I've tried. Another one that gives a very lovely color is ModelCo's spray tan, but I prefer the lotions and gels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
she is from Norway, which is considered to be one of the nations with the highest percentage of natural blondes, and her hair looks pretty natural. but anyway!

i definitely think it looks AWESOME on you. the last experience i had with self-tanner was about 4 years ago and i never touched it again because the experience was so bad. but for sure i'm going to give this one a try because it looks great!
yes.gif
thanks for taking your time to recommend it.

Thanks! Hope it works for you ^_^ I've heard that the formulas for self tanners have greatly improved over the last few years, there's such a huge market for it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
your hair is lovely! lucky girl

Thank you ^_^ I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it! I go back and forth wanting to dye my hair brown all the time, but it'llbe such a pain to get my hair back to its natural color afterwards, and no hairdressers I've been to want to do it
ssad.gif
It's not that I don't like the color - it's just that I've had it my entire life!
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
One more question...do you use the self tanning mitt on your face too??

Yep! It's just a lot easier to me, not having to worry about orange palms and everything
tong.gif
Plus, the velvety fabric tends to give an even tan, I think. And it feels nice on my face, too!
th_LMAO.gif

chocodcocoa

Quote:
tong.gif

It pisses me off when people insist that you dye your hair when it is your natural colour =(
I get that a lot since I'm Asian but my hair is a light brunette =( I can't help it if the sun bleaches my hair out =(

Anyway!
You and your hair and your skin are all gorgeous
yes.gif

Do you think the tanner will work on medium skin without turning me orange? I'm usually an NC30, but my face is a lot whiter than my neck =.=
I want to darken up the skin on my face without having to wear foundation =)

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodcocoa
It pisses me off when people insist that you dye your hair when it is your natural colour =(
I get that a lot since I'm Asian but my hair is a light brunette =( I can't help it if the sun bleaches my hair out =(

Anyway!
You and your hair and your skin are all gorgeous
yes.gif

Do you think the tanner will work on medium skin without turning me orange? I'm usually an NC30, but my face is a lot whiter than my neck =.=
I want to darken up the skin on my face without having to wear foundation =)

My guess is, it'll work even better on medium skin! But, as I've said before, if you can get your hands on a sample, try that
smiles.gif
Just in case, since it is rather pricey! I believe they make a version specifically for the face, too, but I can't say anything about that one, I've just tried the one for the body. I use it on my face as well
tong.gif

ETA: Oh, and thank you so much for the compliment, I really appreciate it
smiles.gif

Fairybelle

OMG! You look so ready to be a beautiful Playboy Bunny!!! I LOVE your hair and your skin looks soooo amazing. I have a Dior bronzing gel just sitting in my skincare bin...I need to break it out and try it!! Thanks for the before and after photos. I've been feeling a bit pasty lately (I've been on meds and have to limit sun exposure, so that means no sunning at the beach for a while, yes even in winter, but it's warm where I live) and this could be the answer to getting my skin nice and even toned, and it's been sitting there all along
greengrin.gif
Yay!

Ok update: I actually have the Dior Bronze self-tanner for they body. Boo... I'll go and pick that face one up soon.

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
OMG! You look so ready to be a beautiful Playboy Bunny!!! I LOVE your hair and your skin looks soooo amazing. I have a Dior bronzing gel just sitting in my skincare bin...I need to break it out and try it!! Thanks for the before and after photos. I've been feeling a bit pasty lately (I've been on meds and have to limit sun exposure, so that means no sunning at the beach for a while, yes even in winter, but it's warm where I live) and this could be the answer to getting my skin nice and even toned, and it's been sitting there all along
greengrin.gif
Yay!

Ok update: I actually have the Dior Bronze self-tanner for they body. Boo... I'll go and pick that face one up soon.

Hahahaha, thank you! I have some good news for ya: I don't have the face one, either! I just used the one for the body on my face as well! BUT, I don't have breakout-prone skin, so if you do, you might want to be careful. If you already have the body one though, it might be worth a try? I don't know, it's up to you
smiles.gif
Let me know how it works though!

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddygirl
Nevermind - found them on Body Shop
smiles.gif

The mitt? I couldn't find it online, otherwise I would've put up a picture
tong.gif
I know they still have them in the stores though!