Huh? Can anybody help ME out? Shipping stuff out of the country

user2

I bought Provence Pigment off Ebay earlier this week and the girl who accepted it to send it to me wrote me this mail today:

"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I'm having a hard time shipping your item. maybe you can help me. when the shipping label prints it prints out 3 copies 1 for me, 1 for the post office, and 1 for customes. which one do i put on the front of the package? both? i need to get this out to you, and i hate that i am having such a difficult time. i do apologize that it has taken this long. please let me know. thank you! and my apologies![/FONT]"

Any help would be awesome since I really have no clue!
Here in Germany you go to the PO with the letter addressed to a person with no extra shipping labels etc.

TIA!

Shimmer

she needs to go to the post office and ask them, or call them.
I know you have to print a customs label andput it on the package, but ... *shrug* Sorry I'm not MUCH help :/

toby1

I think she is trying to do shipping through paypal, which works great within the US, but is a pain for overseas. I usually find it easier to take it to the PO and fill out the Green customs form I think it's #2579 otherwise she has to get the special clear envelope for the 2 copies that will have to be attached to the package.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby1
I think she is trying to do shipping through paypal, which works great within the US, but is a pain for overseas. I usually find it easier to take it to the PO and fill out the Green customs form I think it's #2579 otherwise she has to get the special clear envelope for the 2 copies that will have to be attached to the package.

ditto.. she has to go to the p.o and fill out the green customs form that is attached to the package.. doing it from paypal is a PITA
nonono.gif

user3

VV on the print out it will tell her which does goes where. She's probably just not looking at the printout carefully. Also she has to put the copies in a Customs envelope 2976-E she can get them free but it takes about 2 weeks http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...1683&langId=-1
She can go to the PO and pick some up for free.
If she still says the printout doesn't show, she can call the USPS (800) 275-8777

Also let her know it's cheaper to ship US packages through paypal but not international packages. I always take international packages to the PO. Also just for your info try to get sellers to do a certificate of mailing. It's 95cents and it gives you peace of mind. The post office verifies the addess and gives the person a slip of paper showing the item was sent. The paper has to have the same address as what is on the package. Just something to think about.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
ditto.. she has to go to the p.o and fill out the green customs form that is attached to the package.. doing it from paypal is a PITA
nonono.gif

Oh lord! the dreaded customs forms!! Maybe she'll get the ones where the package can be tracked like for that first or was it 5th? package I sent you
greengrin.gif
Cheep entertainment
tong.gif

But yes, I think she is going ot have to go to the PO to do it.

user2

Yup I told her that she had to go to the PO and she finally sent it out yay! Hopefully I'll have my "I got it for $4.75 on Ebay"-Provence Pigment soon!

yahoo.gif

Thanks soooooo much for all your help!

Latest posts