Humidifier for dry skin?

starraffy

Do you recommend to use humidifier for my house if I have a dry skin?.. its hard to put on make up when you have a very dry skin, including my lips when its very chappy. Will it really help to beautify my skin?

starraffy

Hi Shellygrrl,

I wash my face at around 2x a day or whenever i feel dirty with a facial wash then i use toner too. For lip balm i use chapstick, I also use MAC lipstick and lip gloss. I also put olay creamer on my face before i put make up. What do you use?

shellygrrl

Staff member
You need a moisturizer (if you're not using one already). It will help immensely with your dry skin. I really like Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre. It's good for all skin types and is quite rich. If you're in the US you can get it through Beautylish or Beautyhabit. The brand also comes up on Hautelook every so often. As for your lips, definitely look into getting a lip exfoliant. If they're dry and chapped all the time, maybe check out Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream (much-loved as a lip balm). Some other suggestions (scroll down)... http://inmykit.com/gloss-lipbalm.htm I have combination/oily skin. My own routine involves cleansing, a serum, moisturizer, and acne spot treatment. I also get chapped lips, especially in the winter. I exfoliate with one of Lush's lip exfoliants and use Softlips' lip balm. (I've also used one by Fresh.)

starraffy

That's a great suggestion Shelly! the olay creamer i've been using is a kind of a moisturizer i guess so..for the lip balm chapstick is okay but i wanna try something new so i'll go through your suggestions. How about shu eumura products have you used it?

I'm also planning to buy a humidifier for our house especially when its really hot cause low humidity causes dry skin too. Is it advisable? what do you think?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've never used Shu Uemura products, so can't say. You may try asking in the Shu Uemura forums under Cosmetic Discussion? As for a humidifier, I used to use one in my room years ago, but that was mainly to help with breathing issues and because the air in the house was dry. As far as I remember, it had no impact on my skin. It was combo/oily then; it's still combo/oily. I don't think you'll see much difference, skin-wise, but you may see a difference in air quality.

starraffy

I see, yeah humidifiers helps in breathing issues and relieves skin allergies sometimes i do have allergies that's why i thought of buying one as suggested also by a friend.
for others i guess air matters to their skin too.. like me, when its dry season my skin really gets dry , when its really cold, the more my skin dries up :) poor me i really have to put a lot of moisturizer
on my skin plus with the help of a humidifier.
Thanks for mentioning Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre i'll check that one and for the lip balms too.

Latest posts