Hurricane IKE-HOUSTON AAAHHH

pretebrowneyes

I HAVE POWER!!!!!! YES!!!! YES!!! LIGHTS ARE HERE!!!!! ELECTRICITY IS BEAUTIFUL IN ALL IT'S GLORY!!!!!

uhhh, yeah my lights were on when I got home
yahoo.gif

rbella

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! Have a hot pocket and think of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I am so happy for you. It is the worst feeling going so long without it. Especially here in Houston with the heat and humidity. Now we can be normal again!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadyPink

yahoo.gif
I just got power!!! I live in east Houston. My sister's house in Jamaica Beach didn't make it, but its not her primary residence. New fences for everyone!
th_DANCE.gif

Hilly

So the aftermath from this stinkin hurricane....accidents everywhere! Oh my. Paul and I saw a motorcyclist fly off his bike because there are no working lights and he slammed on the brakes and flying he went. My friend's car was totaled from someone running a light. It's awful. Fortunately the bigger intersections are fixed, but it's the little ones that no one sees that are very dangerous.

So my work is suffering greatly. As yall may know, my ceiling collapsed at work and 90% of my stuff was ruined (comp, furniture, planner, etc). Well the ETA to go back to my office was for this friday...nope! The inspection failed and walls that looked normal actually had water in them! So boo...no walls for us! I did get a new work computer so I am workin from home. I just feel so half-assed.

Poor United Way building! How ironic, the buildign that helps people with services is the one that takes the big hit. Sigh.

pretebrowneyes

YAY FOR ELECTRICITY!!!! So glad you made it through ok
thmbup.gif
choochoo.gif

Hilly, I haven't seen any accidents yet...but my bf keeps almost running lights forgetting which are workin and which aren't. Sorry that you can't go back to work...it seems like any other day we wish for days off but after all this mess...I just want normalcy, so I'm sure it's frustrating. YAY for work PCs for home.....
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyPink
yahoo.gif
I just got power!!! I live in east Houston. My sister's house in Jamaica Beach didn't make it, but its not her primary residence. New fences for everyone!
th_DANCE.gif

Hilly

Well I had been dying to go back to work. I was off for 3 weeks for the wedding and stuff. Doggit! But it'll get better
smiles.gif

reesesilverstar

OMG, the aftermath, yes....

I'm convinced that Houstonians cannot drive, and are an extremely impatient lot... I HATE DRIVING now... Gosh, if I could work from home so I don't have to be pissed at least 2x a day... LOL!

But yay for current and A/C!