Hurt...

obscuria

It's apparent that he is moving on, and as hard as it is, it might be time for you to as well.

As far as going to his profile every day, I think the best option would be to block him. I think that makes it so you can't see his info if you look up his page. Yes, you could still try to see what's going on, but it'll make it harder for you to do that...and might give you the time/restraint you need to stop keeping tabs on him.

abbyquack

Unfortunately I agree with obscuria. As much as it hurts, he's just not that into you. You deserve better treatment and shouldn't settle for less. And I know sometimes it seems like there will be no one else in the world that you can love the same way, but I promise you will be okay. You need to believe that too, and believe that you'll find someone who will treat you like a princess and make you happy. And take comfort that others can understand your pain, we really can. We have been there or are there, so you're not alone.

LMD84

yep i agree, i think you should block him so you can't see his info anymore. it's sad but he is moving on. and the more your get fixated on checking his facebook, the less likely it is for you to move on. i know you are hurt, but things will get better for you if you give things a chance
smiles.gif

Holy Rapture

I agree with everyone. It's hard but, it's gotta be done. Block his FB, surround yourself with people you like, friends, family, anyone! Being alone is gonna make your brain run overtime. Detox yourself, get him outta your system - harsh but true - I guess we've all had this phase one time or the other. Ultimately you'll thank yourself!
th_hug.gif

Simply Elegant

Keep yourself busy so you don't have time to think about it. I know before bed is probably the worst but try to think of something else, like what you have to do the next day or all of the good things and people you have in your life or anything good that has happened recently. He wasn't good enough to stay with for you, so try to not let him take up your thoughts either. Why miss someone who didn't treat you well?

bellydancer

Thanks ladies for all the advice
th_hug.gif
I guess I needed to hear those things to wake up and realize he doesn't love me after all, not sure why he lied about it though... I'm going to stop checking his facebook. I just hope I can get over him quick
ssad.gif

hello_my_apple

i know it hurts like hell, and to be honest if he was with you for a year he probably still does love you you dont get over someone that quickly,but i agree that you shuld probably make the steps to move on. i'm sure youre a beautiful person and can find someone when youre heart has healed and youre ready
smiles.gif

obscuria

If you feel that bringing him back into your life will just make you feel worse, don't be friends with him. I've been in a similar situation. Sometimes it is just better off that you don't become friends, even if ideally that's how everyone wants to end up. It just complicates things most of the time. Rarely do "now we're just friends" relationships work out well, especially if that relationship ended badly in the first place and if you still have feelings you need to hash out.

Let him know that you think it's best that you don't stay friends, at least not now if you are still working out feelings and whatnot. He should understand if he really gets how much he has put you through. If not, then that's just another reason why you shouldn't be friends.