Hyper Real Pressed Powder

ledonatella

Has anyone tried this yet? I ordered it this afternoon when I was getting my Disney TLC's and now I'm thinking maybe I should've stuck with my Blot Powder. I looked at reviews on MUA but there really wasen't much. Any thoughts??

aznsmurfy

I have it in Medium IIRC and it's SHIMMERY! It's nice but the way I apply it it's OTT hehe But I tend to do that with skinfinishes too. ..so take that with a grain of salt :p

martygreene

I have it. It runs light, I am extra light in blot but this light is a bit of a highlight for me.

It's shimmery, comperable to the loose shimmer powders, or powder mixed with vanilla pigment. It's nice as a highlight, but can easily go overboard.

macchicaboom

I really like this powder- it's like other pressed powders with shimmer. I only use a little bit (a light swipe) though, and I pat it on. It looks pretty natural IMHO. Just don't use a whole lot at one time or it will look OTT.

jasper17

I find it to be very, almost TOO, shimmery - I use it very sparingly as a highlight from time to time.

docmaria

Ooh - I love shimmer overload. I have an image of Prescriptives Magic products? Must place a Pro order soon (pity I don't live near one).

ledonatella

I did get it and I love it although if I have on this, plus my bronzer, plus my MSF's or Pearlizers, it's a bit much so I just wear it if I'm not doing any kind of highlighter powder.

anuy

MAC hyper real/pressed!

hey guys! i think it's a pro product. anyone use it? any opinions on this stuff? it sounds interesting!

wildesigns

I have 2 of them..the Warm Rose FX and the Lavender Light FX and love them both. I find they have a bit of a blotting effect, too. The shades are very subtle and appear pale in the compact (generous size) but go on translucent. They also have tiny, I mean TINY, sparkles in them. It's not shimmer, but sparkle and just a very little bit and it's to soften the face...you know....that candlelit glow thing. You can't even see them unless the light hits just so and then it's barely noticeable. The powders come with a sponge-type puff but I prefer using a brush. They are definitely a dry, non-oil-creating powder, IMO. HTH!

ledonatella

That's funny because I started a thread about the same thing a while back....anyway I got mine and love it although it is shimmery. But I wear a shimmery bronzer and usually a highlighter too so this over sometimes is a little disco ball. I got Med. and it's a touch too dark for me, and I usually wear med-dark with blot powder even though I'm an NC20 (anything lighter leaves a chalky film on me). It definitly soaks up the oils too which is nice. I'm not sure if I'll stick with this or go back to the blot powder, but I do like it.

rebekah

I'm pretty sure that I heard that it was just going to be pro , does anyone know I'd like an update on that.

You can order it via telephone from the pro site if you don't have a pro card.. you have to use this number 1.800.387.6707 ext:8555 thats the mac customer service dept.

or if you know the number of a mac pro store you should be able to order from them

claresauntie

They're pro, and FYI to NW's: they are very yellow. I have one, and I can't wear it 'cause I'm way too pink for it.
ssad.gif
BUMMER.

cloudburst

I don't know anything about the Hyper Real powder, but I know Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder offers the same type of "iridescence" the Hyper Real foundation does. It comes in Translucent, Red Neutralizer & Deep Translucent. I use the Translucent & it makes your skin glow.