Hypocrites make me mad in my pants.

Katja

Quick petulant rant:
So my co-worker comes into the office this morning, and I'm in the process of putting on my makeup. Then she starts talking about how makeup has toxins and how bad it is for you (and as she was saying this I was not getting super offended because she is entitled to state facts, which I don't know if they were), and all I could think of was to say, "So are they the same toxins that are in cigarettes?"
hmm.gif
lol.gif

But I didn't say it outloud because I was being polite.
smiles.gif

She smokes cigarettes, but she's preaching to me about how horrible makeup is to wear because of it's toxins.

Please tell me wearing makeup is less harmful than putting smoke, tar, and whatever else they put in squares into your lungs. :confused:

Katja

And I used to smoke squares, a lot actually, so I'm not doggin' all you smokers. That's your business.

lara

Make-up has come a long way from lead powder and crushed Murex Brandaris glands suspended in wax, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

YvetteJeannine

You wanted to say that to her....so why not say it?? She is being the rude one. You can speak your mind in a polite, non-confrontational kind of way...If she says anything like that again, you should throw that back at her...

d_flawless

i agree with the comment above from yvettej...

um...yeah? if she wants to sit there and criticize you, then through it right back...the last time i checked, there wasn't a surgon's general warning on my MAC compact...

macslut

And if she would have said "How dare you judge me" then you could have looked her square in the eye and said "Hypocrite" and watched her stomp off all shocked.

Some people are just stupid (your co worker fits this definition). It is something all of us fabulous people (board members) need to deal with.
graucho.gif

kaliraksha

Agree with everyone else. How rude. I would definitely say something... I would probably be sarcastic though (knowing me)...

Hawkeye

What a bitch.

Seriously I mean it's true that there are toxins in makeup. But then again, there is toxins that you put on your body everyday. When you step outside you got toxins coming at you. It just baffles me that people are so- wow.

Well its OK- just take heart in knowing she will get leathery skin and those mouth wrinkles in the near future.

God I'm mean.

Beauty Mark

Makeup is fine to use, especially in comparison to cigarettes. Some people think it protects your skin from pollutants in the city, but I don't know if that's true.

I personally wouldn't bother saying anything, especially if this co-worker is somehow your superior (seniority, actually in charge of you, etc.) You have to pick your battles.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark

I personally wouldn't bother saying anything, especially if this co-worker is somehow your superior (seniority, actually in charge of you, etc.) You have to pick your battles.

Heh, yeah this is the only reason I would not say anything.

spectrolite

How funny. Clearly this self proclaimed expert on toxins is suffering from delusions and is not worthy of another thought. I think if I had been in that situation I would have just laughed in her face!

sharyn

people who want to make others feel bad about wearing make up do it because they're either too lazy, kinda bitter or completely untalented and look like shit with or without make up.
2cents.gif
lmao.gif

I'm a cosmotologist. where I work, each one of my co-workers wears make up every day. Because make up can protect your skin (polution, UV rays etc.) and often cointains ingredients that are good for your skin

If you dont wash your face every day or use a bad "moisturizer" that is just neatly packed b******* or dont use sunscreen you do much more damage to you skin.

little teaser

i agree she was being a hypocrite, but instead of geting angry or upset you should of laugh in her face and said ciggaretts kill quicker than mu
im a smoker and my friend was braging to me she quite and then she started smokeing black&milds(cigars) and was still proud that she "dont smoke" ciggs, she said they arent as bad as ciggaretts,im like yeah right both of them are bad..

Katja

Thanks for the replies. I didn't feel the need to get offended because I KNEW in my mind what a hypocrite she was being, but she did make me feel uncomfortable. I guess I was smirking inside, without expressing what I did feel. I also felt like it was a selfless act for me to keep mum considering I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with a powerful rebuttal. (I didn't want to lower myself to her)

I normally speak my mind; however, I don't like debating when I don't know the facts of both sides (regarding the makeup). And it being such a petulant issue, it was easy to let go.
smiles.gif

XsMom21

I still think you shoulda let off a quick come back. So many times in life I regret NOT saying anything... yet those things I HAVE said that I really shouldn't have... I don't remember any of them lol

macslut

Make sure you reapply your lipstick/lipgloss in front of her. Whenever she appears. That will piss her off.

Latest posts