I adorne my lips with red for your critique

jettica

I don’t often wear lipstick, in fact I never wear it. I want to start experimenting with different looks and colours to get an idea of what I can wear. I’m very happy with my eyeliner and I’m sort of okay with the lipstick but it’s the most uncomfortable ever. It’s cheap and proper dries my lips out. I need some emu oil.

I'd love to know what colours would suit my lips, I have no idea where to start.

Products used after the pics.
IMG_8741.jpg

Benny decided to get in on the picture. He looks lovely.
Products:
Barry M Eyeliner, black.
L’Oreal Mascara
YSL Foundation
Cheapo red lipstick.

xhypnotiqex

i love your eyeliner and the red lips are hot!!! i don't really wear lipstick either but i would say maybe try a nude color? or even neon????

jettica

Nude seems a little boring but I do have a shiny brown that I use that looks pretty nice. I love the idea of NEON, like the Lime Crime Makeup:, So bright, its illegal! lips sticks. I don't think they are out yet but they have bright purple, pink and blue!! I've just bought Rimmel Brilliant Pink lipstick but it isn't here yet, no doubt I'll post pics when I get it!!!

jettica

I don't get what you mean by the eyeliner thing, you like that fact that it extends past my inner eye? But thank you! hehe

As for the lippy, that stuff is gorgeous, Mango scented! Wow. What colour would you recommend, I really like the look of Rose Culte and Forbidden Burgandy.

And contrast only played with in the second photo and a little bit in the first.

RedRibbon

I think provocative pink, red taboo, red temptation andred muse would look nice on you as nice statement lips. Fetish pink and caress pink might be nice for less of a statement look.

About the eye stuff, that's exactly what I meant, the fact that you take it so far into the inner corner
smiles.gif

jettica

I love that provactive pink. Might have to get some hehe. Doesn't everyone do that with their eyeliner? Am I trend setting? Hehe!

RedRibbon

lol.gif
I personally don't and haven't really seen it on many other people though I have to say it looks really good, might try it tomorrow!

There are some pretty pigmented lipsticks around today, I tried a Lip Gelee on my hand in Superdrug today and that was really strong in colour, they're by L'oreal.