I almost got shot at.

X4biddenxLustX

I seriously didn't think that my life could go from boring and bland to just crazy in the matter of less than 2 weeks? Well it has in quite a few surprising ways.

I had made a post in the love/relationships section about a situation between me and a guy I had pretty much been trying to get with for 3 years now. I've really come to the conclusion that it'll never be anything and I've let that go. Still really bummed about it. But I decided to be stupid and go on a date with this other guy I just met. His family basically buys buildings and rents them out to people. He lives in one of the buildings in a sorta shady, high crime neighborhood so he can be there to manage it.

We had went back and forth deciding if we should go see a movie at the theater or at his place. I felt like going out somewhere so movie theater was the decision. We originally were going to see that new Brad Pitt movie, Inglorious Bastards I think it's called? But the theater by my house wasn't playing it til later than we wanted to wait. So we decided to head to another one closer to his apartment. We wanted to see the new Final Destination but it was sold out. So we had the choice to either stay and watch another movie or go back to his place (Now this is also REALLY important). We just decided to stay and watch The Time Traveler's Wife.

After the movie we wanted to go back to his apartment for a little bit. When we get there all you saw was cops and police cars parked outside of his building. I waited in the car for like an hour waiting for the guy to get back from talking to the cops to see what happened and to check the surveillance cameras. I was too scared to get out of the car and be inside at that moment. There had been a shooting there at the building. There were bullet holes going through the guy's apartment and about 6 or 7 more up on the upper floor. A bullet had went right through his apartment, right above the 2 couches in his living room area. That's exactly where we would of been sitting if we had not gone to see a movie at the theater and stayed at his place the whole. Just imagine if we stayed and the bullet went through at a different angle or something or if we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We could of been shot. We could of been killed. We both were pretty badly shaken.

Now I don't know really know the details about what happened. The guy told me what he thought had happened but I was too confused and shocked to really even listen. All I know is that we were VERY lucky to of not been there during the shooting.

This is making me look at life differently. Corny I know. But seriously I really could of died or gotten hurt badly. Anything could of happened. I never thought anything like this could happen to me but this was such a close call.

TISH1124

I have no idea how so many bad things happen to the same people...it's like if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have no luck at all...I am glad that you are okay...and maybe you should spend some time alone and reconsider the people you hang out with and the places you go. Please don't take offense but it's just like one crazy or sad story after another...some how you are not living right or need to make some serious life changes or adjustments

X4biddenxLustX

Oh, I don't take any offense to that at all. There's just so many insane things going on and I keep making BAD choices.

This really sucks because the area that the guy lives in is the same neighborhood where basically all my friends (who aren't a bad influence or anything just living in a bad area) live at. We hear a lot about the bad stuff that happens down there but I've yet had anything happen to me til last night. I use to live in that area too about 5 years ago and nothing too crazy has ever happened to us besides our car's windows getting broken in by some stupid boys in the neighborhood.

I feel really bad for the guy though, he was scared too. He told me that homicide police broke down both doors to his apartment. They also kept knocking on his door to get a look at the surveillance tapes and asking him questions. He had to board up one of the doors to his apartment. I think he's going to probably be moving to some place else.

Tashona Helena

^ Yea Tish you always say the right things the right way. Sometimes it's good to be alone and focus on yourself. I was going through a spell where everything just felt wrong. I distanced myself away from "the crowd" and now I just feel so much more relieved.

Focus on yourself, your job, your talents, your family, whatever, just don't get pulled into a bad crowd and bad choices. I can't really say alot because I live in a bad neighborhood and your story gave me a flash back of when I was walking my dog and a guy game thisclose to me with a gun, in my yard! So now I completely make a run for it late nights when I get off work, and I only walk him in the sunlight. Sometimes you got to make adjustments in your life for your safety. Even if your self esteem isn't there you got to think, I want to live. I wanted to live, so I stopped talking to that guy that treated me the same way your FB treated you (I read your last post), and I stopped hanging with people just because I wanted "something to do".

Sometimes you gotta focus on yourself and just keep it moving. That's how you're gonna live the right way, and you'll notice things will start looking up, trust me. I got a promotion at my job, and I'm focusing on me and my family and my education. I don't know how old you are, but i"m 20 and I still think I have my whole life to live and I'm not rushing it. Don't rush it girl. I used to live by the saying "to get over another brother you have to get on top of another" but it's just bullshit. You gotta focus on yourself girl.
smiles.gif
I'm glad you're ok, btw.

gildedangel

That is very frightening, I am glad that you are alright. I kind of agree with Tish; so many bad things are happening around you that you might want to consider making a change. Move to a new city, make some sort of a life changing decision that will send you in a better direction. It sounds like you might need a fresh start; everyone needs one once in awhile. Again, I am glad that you are alright.

LMD84

wow... you do seem to have alot of crappy stuff happen to you
th_hug.gif

at least you decided to stay out - otherwise it's not worth thinking about what may have happened. however at least you are looking at life differently now. and as Tish said maybe you can make some changes so that more positive things start happening to you.

things can only get better right?

X4biddenxLustX

My heart keeps racing and beating so fast and I keep getting hot. It's like I'm still scared like I was last night. It's nuts.

The group of friends I'm trying to reconnect with are really good people. They don't go out looking for trouble or anything. Right now they just live in a crime ridden area (some parts are safer than others though) and there very aware of that. They have to live there and be there everyday. I've talked to a friend of mines and we sort of agreed that we're gonna try to stay in once it gets dark and when we do hang out we'll be somewhere safe. Not out and about.

I'm also very thankful for the fact that my family and I were able to move out of there and we now live in a surburb where nothing really happens. I mean you still have to be careful but I feel so much safer here. I kind of feel bad for my friends who are all around 19-20 still in school and working and can't afford to move out into nicer areas. They have to deal with the possibility of something dangerous happening to them all the time.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I used to live by the saying "to get over another brother you have to get on top of another" but it's just bullshit. You gotta focus on yourself girl.
smiles.gif
I'm glad you're ok, btw.

Yeah I'd lived by that line before many times. I would break up with one guy and then have another by by the next week or so. Then again and again. I won't lie, when I was younger I liked all that attention from the guys. Which now looking back I know they just wanted some action. But now that I've tried that again this time, I just feel icky about it.

starbucksmocha

Scary!!! I'm very glad you decided to stay out. I know what you mean, though, just going over it in your head and thinking about all the what ifs can really shake you up. Especially knowing that there were bullet holes right about the couch...
That's too bad about your friends not being able to get out of the area they live in. Hopefully in the future they will and nothing bad will happen in the mean time and maybe you guys can meet up somewhere else to hang out (?) Hope you're feeling a little better
th_hug.gif

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I keep making BAD choices.

I agree with Tish...every word. And I am so relieved you arent offended...means you are open minded and willing to change your circumstances and the way you do things-for the better.

But I wanted to point this out...you had a choice, to go back to his place or stay at the movies...you made the right choice, which is why your fright is based only on a what if...thats a blessing!

L1LMAMAJ

a traumatic event sure does change the way you view life. i'm glad you weren't shot at. one time at my old apartment, i saw a guy chasing a girl with a gun. he didn't fire it or anything but he was yelling at her. me and my roommate were walking down the steps and he saw us which scared the shit out of us. we were afraid that he was gonna get mad and come shoot us or something. we called the cops, they never came.

X4biddenxLustX

I agree that what happened was sort of a sign and blessing. I now realize that EVERYTHING you do in life does matter. Even the smallest choicest you make can make a huge difference. Like the choice to either stay in and watch a movie or go out could of lead to 2 very different outcomes.

All I went out to do that night was to have fun, get to know the guy better and just try to forget all the stress that was going on in my life. Little did I know, it ended up doing the complete opposite for me. It's crazy how unexpected life is. I can't play around anymore cause I use to think things like this could NEVER ever possibly happen to me. Bullshit. I may of not gotten hurt or killed but it doesn't change the fact that I was just so damn close to it.

I'm still pretty shaken, so are my friends. The guy I went out with that night I think is still freaked out by what happened. But I don't know how he's doing, we're not really talking anymore but that's besides the point. I feel bad that he lives there and can't really get away until he can move into another place I guess. Same with my friends who live around there.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
a traumatic event sure does change the way you view life. i'm glad you weren't shot at. one time at my old apartment, i saw a guy chasing a girl with a gun. he didn't fire it or anything but he was yelling at her. me and my roommate were walking down the steps and he saw us which scared the shit out of us. we were afraid that he was gonna get mad and come shoot us or something. we called the cops, they never came.

Omg, are you serious?! The cops never came?!!!!! That would of seriously pissed me off. An angry man wielding a gun is always an obvious sign of something potentially dangerous happening!

User35

Im glad you realize everyday is a gift...it is never promised. Everyday you and the people you love wake up is a gift, every breath. Cherish it.

Being scared sucks. Today my dispatch got a bomb threat that there were bombs placed at different Deputies houses and they would go off unless someone from jail was released. Far fetched...maybe...legit? who knows. Scary, yes. I called my hubby and told him to make sure our guns are loaded.