I am fake tanned....What happens with my makeup??!!

blondegirl

girls i am a very fair girl, NC20. Anyway i have used some fake tan on my body......but not on my face. my face looks significantly lighter than the restof my tanned body. i just need some advice on what to do with my face now?? i need to make my face blend in with my body a little better. Should i just fake tan my face? or can someone recommend me some makeup techniques to make myself look more golden??
thanks!

pop violet

I haven't personally used this product but Kandee Johnson (a makeup artist who does tutorials) from youtube swears by this product - St. Tropez tanner. You can get it from Sephora. I've heard other rave reviews about it, too.

anita22

When I fake tan my body, I always use a fake tanner on my face (I also use one by St Tropez as the previous poster mentioned). Only use a little on the face as it can be very obvious if you get it wrong - if it's still a bit light, then use bronzer to even out the tone compared with your neck and body.

I also normally use a slightly darker foundation as well (since if I tan my face, then my regular foundation is a little light).

InspiredBlue

During the summer I used a moisturizer with gradual tanner as my everyday face cream. It feels a bit less scary, since you don't get big obvious streaks even if you don't get it perfect every time, since it gets evened out when you apply it every day.

MACATTAK

I just apply bronzer to my face. It works great and I don't have to worry about my face breaking out from lotions.

blondegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
I just apply bronzer to my face. It works great and I don't have to worry about my face breaking out from lotions.

can i ask how you apply your bronzer?? what areas of the face?
i break out BIG time from the lotions too. Thats why using makeup is a much better option for me.

ElleK7

I'm having the same issue! My face and chest NEVER tan, but the rest of my body is tan

Also, I tried to buy St Tropez but Sephora doesn't sell it anymore! You can only get it online (which I hate paying shipping!)
thmbdn.gif

I'm using Neutrogena Instant Bronze spray and then apply moisturizer... but even then I'm not too happy with the outcome... it looks a little unnatural. I try to even out the look with my foundation and then it looks better.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondegirl
can i ask how you apply your bronzer?? what areas of the face?
i break out BIG time from the lotions too. Thats why using makeup is a much better option for me.

With a big buffer or kabuki brush. Just put it on the areas that the sun would naturally hit like cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. The bronzer I use is the Milani Bronzer Powder. It's definitely bronze, not orange. I also apply a highlighter over that to give a glow.

xLongLashesx

I'm NC20 and am fake tanning using st tropez and st moritz (i think it's only available in the UK). To apply to my face I just mix a bit of st tropez with my moisturiser at night and make my own 'gradual tanning moisturiser'.

Then go to mac and get a dark foundation and mix a drop or two with your NC20 so you can adjust it daily to match your body. I've got NC30 and NC40 as well as the NC20 and I custom mix to match what my fake tan is doing on the day and it's great!

I like this better than bronzers as you don't look so freaky when you're caught without any make up on! LOL!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondegirl
anyone have any recommendations on a bronzer for NC20, that is not ORANGE!!??

If you don't mind spending the $ for it, Illamasqua's bronze duo is friggen amazing. I have a hard time with bronzers, because they always turn orangey, or they're too sparkly, or too matte...but this stuff is great. It's got a little bit of shimmer in it, but not to the point where you're going to look at your face and see a big disco ball. I have Glint/Writhe, and it's perfect...not orange at all. love love love love!