I am having major problems with MAC's Chrome Yellow

gingin501

I have tried to use MAC's Chrome Yellow e/s with UDPP and NYX Jumbo pencils in various colors including yellow. Some how it seems to look really chalky and I have to pack on quite a bit in order for it to look bright. Is anyone else the same problems.......I have heard many good things about Chrome Yellow, but it's not working for me. I love the color, but I hate that it looks so darn chalky!

Is it possible that maybe mines came from a bad batch?

MissResha

the only way i can get chrome yellow to work for me is if i use a 239 (it has slightly harsher fibers) and kinda wiggle the product into the brush, kinda like i'm softly scrubbing it lol. but once i do that, it packs on quite nicely. it is a pain though.

Skin*Deep

I pack it on with a 239 brush and almost always over base light paint, I've had good luck with it.

ArielleMonai

I have to agree with Tish, it can be a real pain to work with, but I usually use Fix+ on my brush and press it on the shadow base of choice. I really have to pack it on to get a vibrant finish. Have you tried a paint pot as a base?

MAC_Whore

These are some good bases:

MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating (This really pops it)
MAC Pro CCB in Yellow Scream
MAC Pro Paint Stick in Primary Yellow
MAC Pro Chromaline in Primary Yellow

ForgetRegret

I've never actually had a problem with it, but usually when I use it, I use my 242 brush, sort of wiggle it around like one of the PPs said, and then pat it into my lid, rather than brushing it on. Comes out super vibrant...
Maybe to combat the chalky issue you're having, try some moisturizer on your lids before you prime? I find UDPP (even though I adore it) leaves my lids dry sometimes....

gingin501

Thanks ladies!!! I patted my Chrome Yellow on using my Loew Cornelle 1/4in. Maxine Mop and some fix+! I used NYX Yellow jumbo pencil as a base. It looked much better and not chalky at all!

RoseyPosey

i dont have an issue with this looking chalky, but it doesnt look very bright on me! ALL my matte eye shadows from MAC look great in the pot, but when I put it on my lid, they look much darker and almost muddy. Makes me so aggravted!

user79

Ben Nye Sun Yellow e/s is way better and it's not so matte, it has a very light pearl finish. Much easier to work with and really great payoff.

ArielleMonai

yahoo.gif
Yea!! I'm glad everything worked out for you!!

Latest posts