I am now gainfully employed

macslut

thing is...I wasn't looking for a job. I was buying a skirt. I wa pulled off the floor and asked if I wanted a job. Graduate school is job enough sometimes but it was an offer I could not pass up. Part time at Macys. I even get my discount on MAC
clap.gif
I know I swore I would never ever go back to retail. I just love clothing and I love helping people pick them out. Especially plus sized women. I am a size 14 and I know that plus sized women love fabulous clothes but have been left out of learning to dress.

PerfectMistake

Awesome! I am glad that you have a job that you will like! Not only do you get a discount on MAC - you will have money to spent on it! YAY!

macslut

I start this morning and I am so nervous I am about to vomit. My last retail experience was a living nightmare involving an individual who would manipulate one of the managers. I guess I am scared of this one being bad.

zori

Congratulations! Hopefully this job would turn out to be great for you so don't worry! Drop us a line and tell us how your first day went!!!

medusalox

Congrats!
That's how I got hired at the Renaissance Faire, I was buying a necklace and someone asked if I wanted a job
smiles.gif
It's so flattering!
And yay for discounted MAC!
Good for you!
clap.gif

macslut

I agree that it is flattering. I interviewed with the manager of HR in jeans, sneakers and a tshirt with very little makeup.

So far so good, fab ones. There are associates there who have been with the store for 10-15 years. That has got to say something. I have also talked to some of the others and no one has said anything bad. One girl said that this is the best job she has ever had.

I am exhausted and my back is killing me. I think i am going to catch up on posts tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

Chic 2k6

congrats! Ive just started my first job today lol, im the only lass in the store full of men ooeck.

Lucky you on getting MAC discount!

Latest posts