I am really lemming Smut. How do you wear it?

ladyJ

I love using smut with satin taupe and shroom!!! I've used this combo so much I can see a lot of the pan from smut and satin taupe lolz! HTH!!

jjjenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
I love using smut with satin taupe and shroom!!! I've used this combo so much I can see a lot of the pan from smut and satin taupe lolz! HTH!!

I've had smut for awhile and never thought to use it with satin taupe and shroom...you should post a FOTD! I'm having a hard time imagining how to use it with the other two colors
th_confused_new.gif

malaviKat

LOL... at the moment, I use it to fill in my eyebrows. (That sounds ridiculous because there's a lovely shimmer to it... but after about a million different kinds of eye pencils that were too black, too red, too burgundy, too light...too horrible!...I've found smut looks great).

ginger9

Smut is awesome. I love Smut. It's actually very versatile. I use it for and with everything. I've used it as liner, and for my brows as well. It's got red shimmer but it's almost Matte but not quite.

To me it's like an alternative black, so I'd pair it with just about anything really.

Stage Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Smut is awesome. I love Smut. It's actually very versatile. I use it for and with everything. I've used it as liner, and for my brows as well. It's got red shimmer but it's almost Matte but not quite.

To me it's like an alternative black, so I'd pair it with just about anything really.

Hmm...I was a little worried about the red shimmer. I generally try to avoid reddish shades b/c they are not flattering on my NC30 skin. Is the red very noticable?

ginger9

Actually you can't see the red shimmer at all. But I think that's what makes it so versatile, it gives it depth and softness. It's like a dark taupe, kind of grey, brown but dark enough that you can use it as a liner. And I'm not procelain skinned I'm C35. I'd do a swatch for ya, but I'm at work right now
smiles.gif

Stage Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Actually you can't see the red shimmer at all. But I think that's what makes it so versatile, it gives it depth and softness. It's like a dark taupe, kind of grey, brown but dark enough that you can use it as a liner. And I'm not procelain skinned I'm C35. I'd do a swatch for ya, but I'm at work right now
smiles.gif

That's good to know...thanks! I was sort of imagining that it would show up as sort of a deep plum-gray which would be really nice since plums/purples and grays work well for me. I ordered it from MAC, so I guess I will find out soon enough!

Ive been seeing these amazing eye looks all over the internet using smut but, I don't know if it's just me, I find that it goes SUPER patchy on me and creases in the weirdest places like my inner corner! I'm wearing Painterly underneath (usually bullet proof on me) but I just can't seem to make it work. It's ok when I want my eye makeup to look more "grungy" & "lived in" but on counter it just looks sloppy! Anyone else?

tiramisu

Ive been seeing these amazing eye looks all over the internet using smut but, I don't know if it's just me, I find that it goes SUPER patchy on me and creases in the weirdest places like my inner corner! I'm wearing Painterly underneath (usually bullet proof on me) but I just can't seem to make it work. It's ok when I want my eye makeup to look more "grungy" & "lived in" but on counter it just looks sloppy! Anyone else?
The only way I've found to avoid that when I use smut is to place it on with a patting motion (I like the 239 or 242 brushes for this technique) as opposed to swiping it on (say with a 217 brush). After placing it on this way, packing it on to get the intensity I'm after, I blend it out carefully/blend the edges usually with a 224 or 217 to avoid harsh lines. And I always like my paint pots as well as the base. Some days I just avoid it LOL. It does make a beautiful soft eyeliner when all else fails!;)

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've used Smut in the outer corner (works great with Satin Taupe or Shale, IMO). After reading this thread I tried it as a brow colour (usually I use Brun, as I have fairly dark brows), and it looked really good. Better than Brun, I think! (I think because Smut is slightly more ashy?)