I am so disappointed.

trojanpopcorn

I just called the MAC recruitment line about a job opening close to me and she wouldn't even interview me because I didn't go to beauty school. I can't believe it, I am just so shocked and upset.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanpopcorn
I just called the MAC recruitment line about a job opening close to me and she wouldn't even interview me because I didn't go to beauty school. I can't believe it, I am just so shocked and upset.

Are you outside of the US?

trojanpopcorn

In the UK, I discovered they will now not even give you a chance. Nothing. I prepared myself for a phone interview and everything and she was like sorry, no. bye. UGH. and so i went into my local branch and they said its a new policy.

glam8babe

so how would you get a job in the UK? im doing beauty therapy at college next week for 2 years then hopefully go to makeup school so would i be able to work for MAC if i complete those? just curious

glam8babe

well im doing level 2 and we do cover different bits of makeup but not like professionaly. Its mostly beauty like nails, skin, massaging but the teacher on the interview said they do makeup competitions but i doubt they'd teach us professional stuff and the makeup we get in our kits is rubbish