I am so proud, I've pressed my Pigments

User49

Very prettyfull! I love this! I am too scared to try pressing pigment. I can depot my eyeshadows and thats as brave as I go. I've watched tutorials to try and figure the art of pigment pressing out and I just dont have a clue! They look lush though!!!!

Yagmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I will sure take you up on it...Check your mail box it will be filled with piggies and palettes ...You should just sell palettes...I would be your first customer....
th_wink3.gif
But they are so pretty I wouldn't want to use them !

Thank you, Tish. I am waiting for your Package
winkiss.gif

I don't think that it is allowed to sell pressed MAC Pigments
angelic.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencemylips
they look great! were they 1/4 samples or more? Most of mine are samples & I really want to press them so I get more use out of them!

They were more than 1/4 samples, like 1 1/2 teaspoon
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
OMG, these look great Yagmur. I have never attempted to do this or to depot. Too scared, but yours look fabulous!

Don't be scared, start to press + depot
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Rapture
thud.gif
B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!! I'm getting pigments the next time I land at MAC
greengrin.gif

Yeah, my enabling worked
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
ok i have a question. how easily do they crumble? thats my fear. i am scared that once they're pressed, they'll eventually break apart into a million pieces lol. im such a chicken.

hmm.gif
I don't know. They doesn't crumble. I think if you are careful with them, nothing will happen
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
Very prettyfull! I love this! I am too scared to try pressing pigment. I can depot my eyeshadows and thats as brave as I go. I've watched tutorials to try and figure the art of pigment pressing out and I just dont have a clue! They look lush though!!!!

Jeanette showed me a great Method to press them, I've used this:
YouTube - *Non Messy Pigment Pressing*

darklocke

You just made me go ahead an buy my very first pigments, girl!
greengrin.gif
I love your pictures, your palettes and your work. I'm just sad that I can't get any 90% alcohol here, so I don't know what to use for pressing.

Yagmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
They do look pretty.. and they have like some kind of design???

Yes, the "design" is from my Shirt. I used an old Shirt to press them
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
You just made me go ahead an buy my very first pigments, girl!
greengrin.gif
I love your pictures, your palettes and your work. I'm just sad that I can't get any 90% alcohol here, so I don't know what to use for pressing.

Yaaaaaaaay for Pigments. They are my very favourite Product, so versatile and so colourful
smiles.gif

Have you asked in a Pharmacy?! If you can't get Alcohol there, maybe you can order it online or you can use ez-preztrade-pressing-medium.cfm from Coastal Scents. Hope this helps
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Awesome!!!! They look beautiful!

Thank you, Nora
winkiss.gif

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagmur
Yaaaaaaaay for Pigments. They are my very favourite Product, so versatile and so colourful
smiles.gif

Have you asked in a Pharmacy?! If you can't get Alcohol there, maybe you can order it online or you can use ez-preztrade-pressing-medium.cfm from Coastal Scents. Hope this helps
smiles.gif

We have these "silly laws" here, so I can't get anything stronger than 60% pure alcohol, not even in a Pharmacy. I can get other types of alcohol, like isopropyl alcohol or isopropanol, which but I'm not sure if I can use that for pressing pigments?

If anyone can help me answer that, I'd be very grateful.
smiles.gif

Yagmur

Quote:
We have these "silly laws" here, so I can't get anything stronger than 60% pure alcohol, not even in a Pharmacy. I can get other types of alcohol, like isopropyl alcohol or isopropanol, which but I'm not sure if I can use that for pressing pigments?

If anyone can help me answer that, I'd be very grateful.
smiles.gif

Jeanette/Capmorlovesmac used Isopropanol to press her Pigments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I bought so called Isopropanol in 70% and 95% at a Pharmacy and mix them so that I get a 90%ish alcohol. The second ingredient is water according to the pharmacist.
I found the best tool to dose the right amount of alcohol in the metal pan is an injection. So I can get the alcohol out of the glass jar and dose it like I want to.
smiles.gif

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagmur
Jeanette/Capmorlovesmac used Isopropanol to press her Pigments:

Thank you!
greengrin.gif
I will go ahead and give it a try then.

ForeverKrystal

These look so good...I really want to press some of my pigments but I'm nervous they will crumble into pieces when traveling!

Yagmur

Quote:
Thank you!
greengrin.gif
I will go ahead and give it a try then.

You're very welcome
smiles.gif

I hope you'll show us Pictures
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverKrystal
These look so good...I really want to press some of my pigments but I'm nervous they will crumble into pieces when traveling!

Try it. I don't know if they'll crumble. You have to be very careful I think, but you have to be very careful with normal 15 pan Palettes as well
smiles.gif

callison

I did my first pressing last night and was so excited!!! It was so easy and now the pigments are a snap to use and travel with. YEAH!!!

Yagmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by callison
I did my first pressing last night and was so excited!!! It was so easy and now the pigments are a snap to use and travel with. YEAH!!!

thmbup.gif

Can we see Pictures?
smiles.gif

Yagmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochahantas
Do you guys think the 1/4 samples will be enough to fill a pan?

I don't think that a 1/4 sample would be enough. I used like 1 1/2 Teaspoon for each Pan.