I am so sad! I got the MAC 182 Buffer Brush

luvme4me

and it didn't work with my BE! I am totally bummed, I don't even think I can return it because I do not have a receipt it was a gift
weeping.gif

SELFstyled

Hmm, what do you mean it didn't work?

I use it all the time w/ my BE foundation. The only problem I had w/ it was the initial shedding in the beginning.

~Crystal~

Oh? It works really really well for me with BE!
Maybe it just takes a little getting used to? How isn't it working? =\

..kels*

i use my 182 with BE & i've never had any problems with it? have you washed it yet? if not, then that might be the problem. :confused: don't give up hope on the 182! it's one of the best MAC brushes ever made.

..kels*

yes definitely wash it. new brushes contain some sort of "glue" to help them keep their shape in the packaging. that's probably why it's not "working" properly.

saniyairshad

182 I agree is the best brush MAC has ever made!!! I use it with the natural MSF and it gives me amazing coverage...
smiles.gif
Don't be sad, try using it again after washing it once
smiles.gif

tadzio79

I'm sorry for 182 not working out the first time, but don't give up!
I use BE too, and 182 works flawlessly compared to BE kabuki!

Shawna

I love my 182 so much, I just spent $15 on a cheaper Quo kabuki to get the case it came with for my 182
rofl.gif
My only complaint about the 182 is that it should have come with a case. It works beautifully for my mineral makeup. Give it a good bath and then try it.

EmbalmerBabe

Yes I have the brush too and wish it came with a case so as not to mess it up.For the price,come on MAC give us a little case.
smiles.gif

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I love my 182 so much, I just spent $15 on a cheaper Quo kabuki to get the case it came with for my 182
rofl.gif

hahaha! i was about to head out to shoppers to get the quo kabuki (for the case of course). is it worth the $15??

birki

Its such a irony that MAC could sell a high quality brush like #182 in a cheap tacky plastic tube
lol.gif

d_flawless

dude, i feel you on that!

my BE foundation did not go on well at all with the 182...try the 129 if you have it...

elisha24

I liked my 182 more before I washed it
ssad.gif
once I washed it I found it became to soft and the bristles splayed out more if that makes sense. Still my favourite brush though
smiles.gif

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
hahaha! i was about to head out to shoppers to get the quo kabuki (for the case of course). is it worth the $15??

Actually the brush is really nice. I haven't been able to jam my 182 into the case, but it hasn't been washed recently and is extra fluffy. It de-puffs a bit when I wash it so I'll try it then. Even if it doesn't fit, the Quo kabuki works pretty well
smiles.gif

luvme4me

I tried this week again and it just didn't work like the BE Kabuki brush. Does MAC return without a receipt? I also washed it with Vincent Make up brush cleaner too.