I am still shocked...

MacAddict_Sami

I am 23, and it feels like so much in my life has already gone wrong...

As some of you may have noticed that I have been around much lately... There's just been so much happening in my life, but none-the-less, I've miss you all...

First off, I was laid off from my job on April 30th,2009... I was told at the end of January that I was being laid off and looked very hard for a Job... Fortunately I was able to find a job that I started on May 6th; it's not in my field, but I enjoy it, and it's paying the bills. My only gripe at this point is I didn't go to school for 5 years to do a clerically based job, with so-so pay...

Secondly, I've been told for the next 5 years, I should not attempt to get pregnant (due to complications in my past) which would make me about 28 years old, which isn't really what I wanted, but I guess I am going to have to live with it...

Thirdly, and this just seems like the icing on the cake for me, my boyfriend and I bought a house together and we were supposed to move in at the end of September... The Ontario courts have just decided that the land the houses were being build on we're not legally acquired from the Algonquin tribe, and has been given back to them! The houses are being demolished and the land is being turned in to a reserve for the Algonquin tribe... And to make matters worst, we do not get back out down payment unless we take the builders to court, and the builders first have to take someone else to court and supposedly this bulls**t can take YEARS! And I don't have another $40,000 to put down on another house... So now, the boy friend and I have to start from scratch... All my work and saving has gone down the drain....

Last but not lease... my doctor's think the cancer we got rid of over 5 years ago may be back!!!! We're still waiting on definitive results, but emotionally I am a wreck right now... If it is back, it can be removed pretty 'simply' according to the doctors, but I am still scared out of my MIND!!!
cry.gif

I've done everything in life I was supposed to I think. I was great to my parents, tried to be a great person, did well in school, got a good job........Why does it all of a sudden feel like the WHOLE world is falling??? I feel like I must have done something to deserve this, but I just don't know where I went wrong.......

Thanks for letting me vent everyone........

Every time I try to talk to my friends or my boyfriend, I just end up in tears unable to coherently convey my feeling.......

Any thought or ideas are more than welcomed...

kimmy

i'm sorry for all that you're going through. sometimes in life, things fall apart so that they can be rebuilt and improved. it's alot easier for me to say things will get better than it is for you to belive it, but i'm sure everything will work out in due time.

are you still in the market for a new job? it can be difficult to look for a new job while you're already working full time, but since you have the education and the experience you may want to try putting your resume online. there are plenty of sites here in the states to help people find jobs, i'm sure that some (if not all) of them also have canadian counterparts. it never hurts to keep trying, you never know when an amazing opportunity will come your way.
winks.gif

that's awful that you can't get the down payment back for your house. i think that is absolutely ridiculous. are you going to take it to court? even though it may take years, it would be worth it. that isn't fair that their crooked business practices have stiffed you and your boyfriend out of your savings. i've heard of that happening before, and it's just horrible.

as far as the cancer goes, hopefully it hasn't come back! if it has though, don't give up hope.
smiles.gif
i've always heard that's the worst thing you can do in that situation.

just try to keep your chin up and things will make a turn for the better soon, i'm sure!

elegant-one

th_hug.gif

Get legal counsel for the house monies as that is a lot of money to just turn over to someone else. Completely unjust.

Everything else...hang on to & support each other, your relationship & health are top priorities right now. Be as positive as you can be.
I really hope & pray that you will come through this just fine!

purrtykitty

th_hug.gif
I agree with Elegant and Kimmy. I'm so sorry all of that is hitting you at once. Do the best you can to take care of yourself and stay positive. Hopefully things will look up for you, soon.
heart.gif

gildedangel

I'm sorry that all of this is happening to you, I know that it must be hard. I don't know Ontario law, you should still be able to sue the builders for your downpayment even if another case is going on, try to get a second opinion on that. Make sure that you stay on it and bother the crap out of them until you get your money back. Just try to stay positive, you still have a lot of good things going for you like you job and your boyfriend, just hang in there! Good luck hun!

MacAddict_Sami

Thanks for the advice; we have all seen a lawyer (us and the others who bought houses from the builder)... The problem is, because this is a huge set back for the builder, they are seeking bankruptcy and their creditors will get first dibbs because in my opinion the 'system' is bloody flawed! The lawyer says with everything going on it can take YEARS for us to see a dime; they know we will receive our money back (at least most of it) but the questions is how long will it take... I mean, I am not in a terrible position, I am still living at home with my parents, and I know they aren't going to get rid of me (if anything they're probably a guilty of being happy that they're baby is staying for a little longer)... I am just REALLY disappointed!!! I know I can save the money again, but it's probably going to take us another year and a half to save up the money for a down payment again...

MacAddict_Sami

I just wanted to update you lovely ladies who have provided me with soooo much support and encouragement...Seriously, you guys have NO idea what this means to me... We have enlisted a lawyer and we are working to get back our money,but at this point we're not holding our breath for it to be soon... So we've decided we're just going to live with our parents for another two years or so; we're only 23 and 24, we still have our whole lives ahead of us....

Funny enough, the house right now is the LAST thing on my mind... It turns out that the cancer I had on the left lobe of my pancreas has in fact return... Doctors have decided the best course of actions is to remove it; surgery is scheduled for July 9th...

Thank you very much for everyones support; all I ask is everyone keeps me in their prays/thoughts on Thursday...

atwingirl

I cannot begin to understand the magnitude of emotions you must be feeling, having to deal with all of these events compounded one after another. Remember to take good care of each other as these times get tougher and lean on others for support. Sometimes it can become too much for one couple to handle alone so try to ask for help when and where you feel you can/comfortable. Keep fighting, keep hoping and keep loving. My best to you both.

MacAddict_Sami

Thank you so much; I've just gotten home from the hospital, and all in all, I feel ok; just sore... It seems like a success, but we're still doing mild radiations to ensure NOTHING is left....

L1LMAMAJ

i'm so sorry all this stuff is happening to you. i wish you the best of luck in all you do! just hang in there.