I attended a class with Fatima Thompson yesterday!!!!

mekaboo

My local counter had a technique class yesterday and Fatima Thompson was teaching it. I had a blast and I learned so much. She was so informative and let us interrupt her and ask all of the questions that we wanted to ask. She was a doll. Now I can't wait for the next one. Just thought I would share.

prinzessin784

That's awesome! I'm jealous
winks.gif
Did you learn any particularly great tips you can share?

mekaboo

Sorry it took me so long to reply. My hubby is deployed and he took my digicam with him so no pics. : (

I took a lot of notes and will post them when I get home from finishing shopping for Thanksgiving.

honeebee

oh lucky you. I love Fatima, she's great. She did my makeup a couple of times when she was still in NYC. Man, I really miss her. She gave me so many tips.

mekaboo

Here is a couple of things I learned from her. Now some of you may not feel like this is nothing new, so if that is the case, feel free to look past this. LOL

When doing your crease, hold your head down and look up and do your crease, she says it allows you to really see where the color is going to end up.

Your brushes should not splay on the face, the tip of the brush does all of the work.

If you have red areas in your face, use a NW color to take the rosiness out

When doing eye makeup, wherever you first place the brush, is where the higher concentration of color is going to be, so really blend.

When blending, blend right at the line where the 2 colors meet to keep the colors from becoming muddy

caffn8me

Another thumbs up for Fatima from me, I went to a class with her last year
smiles.gif
Glad you had so much fun

Hawkeye

She is one of the sweetest ladies ever! I respect her a lot!

One of my favorite Nordies MA's roped me into going to a mac thing and she was there. At first I wasn't too impressed with her since I didn't really know who she was and this girl next to me was just drooling over the fact that Paris Hiltons MU artist was there!

I'll never forget looking another lady looking at the girl and saying-"Her makeup looks horrible!" and Fatima was standing right there and I remember saying something like, " Well look what she has to work with."

Fatima just started laughing. After the thing I let her do my makeup and we started talking and had a lot in common. So when shes in ATL and I'm in ATL and she's doing a MAC thing I always try to be there. Not really for makeup tips but mainly just to say hi to a friend. I don't know if she considers me a friend but everytime she sees me she says my name all happy like, so I guess she does-or an aquantance. Whatever LOL

I'm so glad you got to meet her! You have met the sweetest woman ever!

mekaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn L.
I was there too! That was such a informative class!
clap.gif
I hope she can come back!

OHMYGOODNESS!!!! What time did you go? We may have been in the same class!

Jenn L.

I went Friday from 6-8, altho I didn't leave till almost 9. I was the red head in the class. Were you there Fri?

mekaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn L.
I went Friday from 6-8, altho I didn't leave till almost 9. I was the red head in the class. Were you there Fri?

No, I went Saturday morning. Aww poo, I didn't get to meet a Speckra member. : (
But you were in class with Seneca? The guy who works at MAC

Jenn L.

It would've been great to meet you too! Seneca, Tony, and Angel was there. Kimmie led us up to the class room. Angel was the model for Fatima. Fatima did a great job on Angel!