I bought fake Mac pigment- I need help! please

marieeve2010

hi,

In resume my story is that I purchase M.A.C. pigments from a seller on eBay and they turn out to be fake product. When I received them I had doubt about the authenticity of the product so I went to a M.A.C. store twice. Both times, I was told it was counterfeit (poor quality, color, texture, etc.). I was even shown what a real pigment looks like. The first time I had talk to the retail manager and the second time with the assistant manager.

I have tried to communicate with the seller a couple of times, but I never got a response.

During this time I have lodge a complaint on eBay with the seller on august 24 and 26 but the seller never responded to it. He has taken my money and run with it. The seller’s name on eBay was «candyapple0000» but he is no longer registed on the site.

In order to fully refund me, my credit card company only wants a formal letter from M.A.C. stating that I received fake M.A.C. products. I would really appreciate a letter from the head office because I lost a lot of money with this bad transaction. But told me that they will never give a formal letter....
weeping.gif

So do you know what can I do to get a proof? other suggestion?

thank you

gabelle

Frankly I'd just chock it up to a lesson learned and let it go. It's not worth the stress and hassle. JMO

caffn8me

Which country was the seller in?

OK - just worked that out myself - Hong Kong. No point in contacting consumer protection there at all
ssad.gif

user79

I think since MAC does not condone re-selling of pigment samples on Ebay, it's only natural they would not write such a letter.

Have you lodged a complaint with with Paypal?

marieeve2010

I wish I could forget about it, but the problem is that I bought a lot of full jar of mac pigment and it's a lot of money
ssad.gif
...that's why I need a letter from Mac. My credit card compagny told me we need a letter and we will fully refund you.

And for paypal: the seller made me pay with another service call ccavenue.com.

And now I really don't know what to do. When I bought from ebay, I was new and I did not know that it was illegal to buy Mac stuff on ebay....and now I know!

caffn8me

It is not illegal to buy M·A·C stuff on eBay but you are likely to discover the products are fake. Your payment is only protected on eBay if you use PayPal.

Give me a few days to think of what you might be able to do next.

elaborate

If you can provide evidence (e.g. photographs of fake and real pigments side by side) to your credit card company, would they accept that as evidence? Just a thought.

geeko

i would highly discourage people to buy full size pigments (especially if the person has huge quantities of full size pigments for sale. And if the seller is from Hk or China i wouldn't even buy from him/her as they have pretty bad reputation of selling fake M.A.C producs) online ... it's safer to buy from other girls on specktra or MUA...

i empathise with u...and i hope that seller gets strike by lightning for selling fake M.A.C pigments >:-( I hate scammers and cheaters. All of them deserve to be burnt in hell.

macslut

I would chalk it up to experience....we learn from them all. I seriously doubt MAC is going to write you a letter. Be happy that the person is off of Ebay. They probably revoked the account.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeve2010
I wish I could forget about it, but the problem is that I bought a lot of full jar of mac pigment and it's a lot of money
ssad.gif
...that's why I need a letter from Mac. My credit card compagny told me we need a letter and we will fully refund you.

How many jars did you buy and how much did you pay?

marieeve2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
How many jars did you buy and how much did you pay?

ssad.gif
it's 2 seperate purchase. It's 20 full jar for 167.50 US and the 20 other jar cost me 150,00 US......A lot of money I know!

DaizyDeath

This is why i dont buy anything on ebay its home to a bunch of scammers! sorry about what happened to you but i dont really see anything you can do either. Mac most definitly wont write you a letter beacuse you never got any of these items from them.

I would also make shure the company he made you pay through is safe and is not going to sell your credit card info. The last thing you need to have happen is more money be stolen out of your bank account.

marieeve2010

[
I would also make shure the company he made you pay through is safe and is not going to sell your credit card info. The last thing you need to have happen is more money be stolen out of your bank account.[/quote]

smiles.gif
thank you, my credit card was cancel for that reason

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeve2010
[
I would also make shure the company he made you pay through is safe and is not going to sell your credit card info. The last thing you need to have happen is more money be stolen out of your bank account.

smiles.gif
thank you, my credit card was cancel for that reason[/quote]

Ouch! This is hurting more and more as I read it....Let this be a lesson to us ALL! That is one reason I won't order from eBay.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Sonya Adams

If you paid via PayPal (like most of us do), file a dispute and they'll get your money back for the fakes (including shipping). If not, file a dispute with your CC company - you may need a letter of authenticity from Mac (or at least the counter/freestanding store that you had them checked at), but at least you'll get your money back.

Not all of us on eBay are scammers, some of us are just trying to make a living.

marieeve2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
If you paid via PayPal (like most of us do), file a dispute and they'll get your money back for the fakes (including shipping). If not, file a dispute with your CC company - you may need a letter of authenticity from Mac (or at least the counter/freestanding store that you had them checked at), but at least you'll get your money back.

Not all of us on eBay are scammers, some of us are just trying to make a living.

hi,

I have not pay with paypal, the seller made me pay with the "www.ccavenu.com service. I file a dispute with my credit card company and they ask me to give them a letter of authencity from Mac, the problem is that Mac or freestanding store Don't want to give this letter.,,,my problem is how can I give my credit card a proove if I can't have one frome Mac!

yes I know that theire is a lot of honest people on ebay... thank you for you post
smiles.gif

PhreakPhantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
This is why i dont buy anything on ebay its home to a bunch of scammers! sorry about what happened to you but i dont really see anything you can do either. Mac most definitly wont write you a letter beacuse you never got any of these items from them.

I love the online review sites just for this purpose.

prinzessin784

ugh that sucks so bad! this is why I will ONLY pay with Paypal on E-bay and I generally buy from the same couple of sellers who have proven that they sell real MAC. It's tough when something like this happens though because it's very uncontrollable. I'm sorry!!

marieeve2010

Quote:
Which country was the seller in?

OK - just worked that out myself - Hong Kong. No point in contacting consumer protection there at all
ssad.gif

I contact consumer protection( from Canada) and they can't help me either
ssad.gif

marieeve2010

Quote:
It is not illegal to buy M·A·C stuff on eBay but you are likely to discover the products are fake. Your payment is only protected on eBay if you use PayPal.

Give me a few days to think of what you might be able to do next.

Have you found an idea
hmm.gif
???

or maybe someone else??

I just don't know what to do right know
weeping.gif

Latest posts