i can't focus!

christineeee_

my philosophy paper is due tomorrow and i keep getting distracted. i keep logging on to specktra and i can't seem to stay focused. does anybody else have this problem? or is it just me? lol

browneyedbaby

My attention span is awful, I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately I never found a way to improve it whilst I was at uni/college so can't offer much help as to how not to get distracted!

Although I will say this... I could have done so much better at uni than I did and you only get once chance so get outta here and get to work lol!

Obreathemykiss

I do that all the time! You just have to realize that specktra will be here later, tomorrow, next week, etc. I would go take a nice little walk, listen to some good music, eat a quick snack, and get that paper rockin'! I struggle with this all of the time! Good luck.

Trista

OMG I constantly have this problem. My mind starts to wonder off especially when I have an exam or a paper due the next day. I also get really fidgety. So you are far from being the only one who goes through this. Now go rock that philosophy paper.
yes.gif

pahblov

Sometimes I have to turn my wireless off to get to work, and then I keep clicking on Safari and nothing loads and I get upset with myself. It's pretty bad...

tiramisu

happens to me too. I am sure we are not alone!
Just have to fight to avoid the urge to do anything but homework and think of web shopping or Specktra as a reward for your hard work!!

I fear not being prepared for class enough to make certain I've completed my work first (law school is brutal !! and you definitely don't want to be ragged on by a professor when you don't have a clue what you're discussing). You can look like a total fool or do very poorly on a final. This is enough for me--the fear of misery for looking like a fool if you're called on, or due to a bad grade. I actually miss undergrad... LOL)

christineeee_

i'm baaaack! lol...good to know i'm not alone.

Trista: i get fidgety when i have to write a paper too. i'm good when it comes to studying for exams tho. i just hate papers, i suck at writing them :S

pahblov: that's a good idea except it wouldn't work for me cuz i could simply turn it back on. my wireless switch is right below my wrist on my laptop :p

tiramisu: i already did some online shopping cuz i've been working my butt off since monday of last week. these past couple weeks have been crazy for me
ssad.gif

it sucks not being prepared for class, and i haven't been for the past 2 weeks. it's a good thing i'm an undergrad and i don't get picked on by my profs/TAs.

newagetomatoz

Haha Right now I should be doing my government paper, but instead I'm on here. Sometimes I am perfectly okay, but other times I am incredibly ADD (no offense) and jump from here to homework to another forum, back to here then a different sub forum.

And I wonder why I go to bed at one in the morning.....

nunu

this happens to me all the time. Try to motivate yourself to finish it so that you can relax later and browse specktra as much as you want! Just imagine how good you will feel when you finish it off. Otherwise you will relise that you have wasted a lot of time messing around when you could've done soo much better!

I should really take my own advice! LOL

Good luck

christineeee_

i'm back again..but this time i'm done my essay
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Haha Right now I should be doing my government paper, but instead I'm on here. Sometimes I am perfectly okay, but other times I am incredibly ADD (no offense) and jump from here to homework to another forum, back to here then a different sub forum.

And I wonder why I go to bed at one in the morning.....

haha i'm like that too....i'm either on specktra, youtube, hotmail, facebook, etc. i'll go on anything to avoid homework :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
this happens to me all the time. Try to motivate yourself to finish it so that you can relax later and browse specktra as much as you want! Just imagine how good you will feel when you finish it off. Otherwise you will relise that you have wasted a lot of time messing around when you could've done soo much better!

I should really take my own advice! LOL

Good luck

lol. thanks. this whole weekend i've been thinking about how much time i wasted by putting off 2 papers. i'm soooo glad they're done, but i still have 1 paper to write and it's due next week...hopefully i'll get started on that tomorrow ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
When I was in college, I had to shut myself in my room and send my family away. I got distracted easily.

i loved college, it was such a breeze. i kinda miss it. university sucks
thmbdn.gif

xiahe

lol...my attention span is terrible! I know that writing a paper is different because you have to type it up and stuff, but are you able to handwrite it and then type it up later? Everytime I try to study in front of a computer I always end up talking to people on AIM or end up specktra, facebook, etc...and nothing ever gets done. When I need to get stuff done I force myself to go to the library or something because then I have no choice BUT to study and do work.

Latest posts