I cant make a decision....

Pink_minx

I went to a meeting with my dad and my bf. My dad is in this business called the World Leadership Group (site:http://www.wlgmike.com/) hes only been in it for a at least a year. he REALLY wants me to join and start training and start having my own business. And bringing family and friends to this business can make me a whole lot of money. Im a bit intimidated by it and scared lol because Im so unfamiliar with this whole mortgage and real estate thing. I know they will train you because one of the main speakers told the newcomers that all we need to know is "know how to read and type" and we all qualify for it lol. But the thing is you have to be dedicated to this job. I told my dad I was very interested in it but I dont want to be in it right away, and now he is signing me up this coming week to be in this business.

Its something to think about but right now I dont think I can do it. It seems like he just wants me to drop college and turn to this new business (which is doing very good) from what I see with all the fancy nice cars I saw out in the parking lot! Buuuut if I told my dad that Im not sure about it I feel that I will disapoint him or maybe miss a really big opportunity. Im really confused of what to do because he his moving so quick on me. My bf seems really interested and he seems really really familiar with the things you do in this business and but im not.

I dont know, I think its my lack of confidence in this and thinking about other careers that is holding me back. I've been stressing about it because im not sure if its what I really want...I dont know what to tell my dad because I dont want to disappoint him.

Sweet16x2

Okay, first of all, how old are you?

Now for my 2 cents. DO NOT drop out of college to do this "pyramid" type business. If it is doing so well, it will still be there when you're finished with college. I hate to say anything about your dad, because I'm sure he thinks he has your best interests in mind, BUT people in these types of businesses are always very eager to sign others up. That is more money for them, plus the speakers the companies use are very compelling in trying to convince you that it is the best thing you could do for yourself. I personally think that rushing into something that you are not sure about is not a good idea. You have doubts for a reason! These are your instincts talking to you. LISTEN TO THEM! Your dad may seem a little disappointed at the time, but he will still love you and he will get over it. Besides, telling him "no" for now, doesn't mean "no" forever. You need to keep doing what YOU think is right for YOU. You need your college education even if you did sign on for this in case it fell through at some point, or was not making you happy, or was not fulfilling you financially, emotionally, or whatever. Please do not rush into this because you feel pressure from others! I would love to hear what you end up doing about this....keep us updated or feel free to PM me. Good luck! I know it's hard to let people down, but you have to do what's best for yourself. =)

Pink_minx

Im 18 and going to be in my second year of college this fall. My dad just called me but I didnt answer because I dont know what to say to him, but he left me a msg and was telling me the website for the business and was saying how excited he was to add me to the list! ahhhh gawd. I can tell him some good news though that my mom and bf are actually interested in it. But im really interested in the beauty industry. Im just not ready, if i was I would do it in a heartbeat like what the other newcomers did. ugh so frustrating. I felt bad for encouraging my dad telling him how I was interested in it (and I was actually interested in it) but I just thought it would be a meeting to talk about real estate. god! I shouldnt have agreed to go with him.

I kept telling him that its interesting that its something to think about but he was just like oh you have to get into this quick. blah blah my head hurts now.

(​

Sweet16x2

It's hard for me to give you advice b/c I don't know your relationship with your dad, etc, but I really feel like you're going to have to put your foot down and tell him that you are just not ready. Maybe tell him that you already have so much going on with college, etc, etc, and you can't have anything else on your plate right now. Also tell him that although you appreciate him trying to help you, that it would be really nice if he wouldn't pressure you into this. Tell him that real estate just isn't your cup of tea. I think you're going to have to make him be quiet for a couple of minutes and really listen to your feelings. If he keeps pressuring you, tell him, "Dad, I really hate to disappoint you, but this is my life, and my decision, and I'm just not ready to do this right now." I think it would be better to have your father mad at you for a short period of time then to jump into something you'll probably regret. Remember, this is YOUR life, not his. He is making his own decisions for himself, and now that you are an adult, you need to make your own decisions for yourself. I know it sucks because he seems so excited about it right now, but like I said before, he'll get over it. Out of curiosity, (I don't need numbers or anything) but how is he doing in this business? Has he made a ton of money yet? What did he do before?

Pink_minx

^he said hes been in it for 8 months, but he hasnt told me how much he made. I dont live with him I live with my mom and stepdad. I just talked to my stepdad about it im more closer with him than my biological dad so its easy for me to open up to him. He told me not to do it and just focus on school and just work at a regular job and when I finish college I can get into these activities if I wanted to. He just told me to be more open and not to jump into things too quickly and that I need to know my grounds and tell my other dad "no". So it made me feel a bit better. But I dont know how much my other dad makes i havent asked him or he hasnt told me about how much he makes yet.

Sweet16x2

I'm really glad to hear the advice your stepdad has given, because that's exactly what I've been saying. The reason I asked about if your dad had "struck it rich" with this company, is b/c if he's trying to convince you to do this, then he should put his money where his mouth is. If he was doing so well at it, I think he would have told you. When I was your age, my boyfriend at the time got involved into one of these pyramid schemes. It's like they brainwash these people! He was so convinced that it was the opportunity of a lifetime. He was so mad at me b/c I wouldn't go to the meetings or allow myself to get sucked in like he did. I think it lasted all of 6-12 months before he realized it wasn't worth the time & effort. Another "catch" to some of these companies (I don't know if this one is like it or not) but in order to even join a lot of them you have to invest money from the beginning, whether it's for products, or all their "company secrets" they will be sharing with you, or whatever. Whatever you do, don't give any money. I hope you follow your stepdad's advice. I believe he truly has your best interests at heart. I feel like your bioligical dad has been "brainwashed" like my boyfriend was, and that he's trying to get you brainwashed as well. I bet you in 5 years he won't be involved with this group anymore. There are very few people who make a bunch of money doing this, everybody else eventually realizes this and quits. Keep your head on straight, and keep doing what YOU feel is right! Good luck!

Pink_minx

I tried to find online that it could be a scam but it all doesnt make sense its like 50/50 ppl say its dumb and others say its great only if you put an effort to it and have a passion for it. anyways i think my bf is brain washed. he said hes been to ones like these but this one sounded the best. oh well we will see how this company goes and if it goes bad I will laugh at him and my dad. and if its actually good and they are millionares then I will cry in a corner. heheh

lovejam

I'd say listen to your stepdad. Think about it: people in these "companies" have to sign up family and friends to make more money, right? I think that they'll say pretty much anything to get their family and friends to do it, even going so far as to put pressure on them.

Seems to me, your stepdad has YOUR best interests at heart, and your other dad has his own at heart. Getting you in won't result in money for you, it'll result in him meeting a quota. These real-estate scams are pretty much all the same.

Definitely tell your bio-father no. If it disappoints him, then that's what happens, but it's not your job to please him. I've disappointed my father a few times in life, and he got over it, as did I. Parents will inevitably be disappointed with something their child decides, but they will also get over it. So, don't let that stop you from saying no.