I come in peace, armed with MAC and cookies :)

ExquisiteImages

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

YvetteJeannine

girlambrosia wrote:

"waves* Hello, I'm Suzie, or girlambrosia. You can find me on LJ there, too. I'm here because it's been suggested that I 'get over that obsession,' and I believe by joining Specktra, I can 'get over it' and get down to actually buying MAC instead of just eyeing it and drooling
greengrin.gif

I live in Melbourne, and though it's the bloody coldest place in the world right now, adore it because it's got a freestanding Pro store, and hate it because I see what the US charges for eyeshadow and die a little more :p I'm NC-25/30, but go quite rosy and never ever find a foundation that loves me.

(That still doesn't stop me from getting Lure :p)"

wavey.gif
WELCOME!!!!!

But honey, if you seriously think joining SPECKTRA will "help" you get over your obsession..then I suggest you run far, far away, and never come back
lol.gif
!!!!!!! My MAC m/u ahem...inventory...has grown thrice in numbers since joining this board!!!!!!

BTW; why do you have to "get over" your m/u obsession?..There are worse things you could be doing w/ your money and time!!!! What's so wrong w/ wanting to look and feel beautiful??? Buying and putting on m/u makes us FEEL GOOD!!!! And, IMO..there 'aint nothin' wrong w/ that!!!!!

:thumbsup: Again, Welcome!!!

glittergoddess27

Amen to that! Welcome! And yes,.. unfortunately this site will only make your obsession worse,...but it is helpful if you are going to start buying more MAC.... The Reviews section is mega helpful and the swatches area isalso great to browse to help you budget before you go.

Katura

Hey there! Gotta say, I was doing the same thing! Drooling everytime I walked past a counter and saw MAC and those freestanding stores just about made me pee my pants when I walked in!!! hahaha...not really...but you get the idea. I started off with one lil eye shadow from MAC when I was about 15 and about last year I started getting hunger pangs after watching this site and the collections....

Needless to say, my bank account has never been the same, my bathroom has become my sanctuary in the AM, and my face/body has never looked more gorgeous
smiles.gif

Welcome to your obsession!!! haha

<3

girlambrosia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
wavey.gif
WELCOME!!!!!

But honey, if you seriously think joining SPECKTRA will "help" you get over your obsession..then I suggest you run far, far away, and never come back
lol.gif
!!!!!!! My MAC m/u ahem...inventory...has grown thrice in numbers since joining this board!!!!!!

BTW; why do you have to "get over" your m/u obsession?..There are worse things you could be doing w/ your money and time!!!! What's so wrong w/ wanting to look and feel beautiful??? Buying and putting on m/u makes us FEEL GOOD!!!! And, IMO..there 'aint nothin' wrong w/ that!!!!!

:thumbsup: Again, Welcome!!!

Sweetie, I think you misunderstand me
smiles.gif
I'll get over the obsession to get to the actual purchasing :p I think I forgot to mention that I'm a dirt poor studen with no job, and no experience so nobody will hire me *cries* Woe is me
greengrin.gif
I fully expect (and welcome) the extra makeup I'll be buying after Specktra!

(BTW, I love makeup and it makes me feel pretty... (and witty ... and so very gay
greengrin.gif
) and oh... all the colours of the rainbow. Yay
greengrin.gif
)

Glittergoddess:
The reviews are very nice indeed
smiles.gif
Somehow, I think that despite the hours of browsing I spend on the swatch pages, I'll still end up going WAY over budget. Oh, such sweet torment
smiles.gif

Katura:
Heh, yeah! I walk into a MAC and it's just like...where to look? I just want to swatch everything and play with everything and poke a sponge at least once
greengrin.gif

Bathroomyoumorning? Ah, well, you beat me then. I barely get up in time to do the three-steppy thing and to brush my teeth. Breakfast is usually eaten at school or on the way to school, so chapstick is always my best friend! It would be nice to wear something different every day of the week, though... fantasy makeup life!

One little eyeshadow? Well, we all start somewhere
greengrin.gif
My MAC-virginity? Waternymph. I think teals like me. Preeeeetty
greengrin.gif

Juneplum:
Milk! *licks* Chocolate flavoured? To go with chocolate chip cookies
greengrin.gif
Thanks!

ExquisiteImages:
Thank you for being so nice
greengrin.gif

angelica

wavey.gif
Welcome!!

And may I add ...thanx to specktra my $700+ worth MAC collection and I will be having to move into my car as of next month