I DID IT! Sephora Sorceress that no one can recreate using Sephora products- I DID IT

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSugar
they posted it: Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com

p.gif
FaceJump to: Step 1 ----------------------------------------------$18.50
Too Faced Kitty Glitter , $12.50

Oh, I KNOW what they SAID they used, but I used all of these things at Sephora to try to recreate that look they posted in the catalog- and it does not give that look at all. It is very chalky and dull- NOTHING like that eye look.

Many times they use whatever is handy and then list things that are like it that they sell- I have this from people at the top in the industry, btw, and even one at Sephora I talked with.

However, if they DID use what they say they did, then they did some serious alterations in computer photo painting software, which again leaves a person unable to capture the look listed in the catalog.

My reason for doing this is because I wanted that exact look- and found that MANY others I talked to said the same thing. So, I did it using the right products to capture that SAME look using actual makeup products to help those like me who really like the vibrant intensity of it.

Thanks for taking the time to list the info though- that was REALLY cool of you to do!
choochoo.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorne_again
bang on! fantastic job... it makes me crazy when promotional pictures can't be recreated with the products it is supposed to be pushing. you did a FABULOUS job! well done! It's funny cause I've wanted to create that look too, and i thought my best bets were entremauve/grape piggies and blue pigment, now i know it'll work if i try it, so thank you!

I am glad you like it! Make sure when you recreate it, that you use Blacktrack or similar dark base under it- that makes a TON of difference than just applying to skincolor base.

You can also use Waveline and Non Conformist as bases but the effect is not quite as nice in real life.

Latest posts