I did my own acrylics.

ashleydenise

I really miss having my nails done, but I can't because I can't afford the maintenence.... So I saved my change (literally) and bought a nail drill! I got a $50 one from Sally's but I think I need to exchange it because it turns on and off.... Anyways, they're def too short, and a little thick but give me a few months and I'm sure I'll do them fine...
Pic?! =]

nails.jpg

BaDKiTTy69

they look great... i had to look for tutorials on youtube, it looks pretty easy to do them... im just afraid it will damage my ouw nails
ssad.gif

ashleydenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
they look great... i had to look for tutorials on youtube, it looks pretty easy to do them... im just afraid it will damage my ouw nails
ssad.gif

That's what gave me the idea =]

I was watching them and I was like dang, If I can learn how to do my own makeup and I know how far I've come doing that, then I can learn nails in time too. I was showing my aunt and she was like "Well it took you long enough, I was wondering when you were gonna try and learn, you'll get it, you're a perfectionist" so that made me happy =]

And I'm not too worried about damaging my nails, I had acrylics for years and I feel that If I do them myself it's probably healthier, because I'm the only one using the stuff.

onlyoneeye

For the first time they look great. You can always file them down more the next time you change the nail color. That's what I like about doing my own, you can tweak them however you like whenever you feel like it.

I've been doing my own acrylics for 3 years. You willget better with practice. I learned from paying very close attention when I got my nails done in the salon.

I got my drill for $25 at a nail supply place. The rest of my supplies I buy online. Saves me a fortune.

Keep up the good work. Don't give up and you'll get much better and you're nails will look fabulous.

kaliraksha

Wow, they look really nice for your first time! I bet you with just a few more times you will have pro results for so much less. I'm also learning how to give myself mani/pedis at home so I don't have to pay for them, but don't have to neglect myself either.

DILLIGAF

Great job for your 1st time. I learned to do acrylics in college. Great way to save and make a little money.

ashleydenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyoneeye
For the first time they look great. You can always file them down more the next time you change the nail color. That's what I like about doing my own, you can tweak them however you like whenever you feel like it.

I've been doing my own acrylics for 3 years. You willget better with practice. I learned from paying very close attention when I got my nails done in the salon.

I got my drill for $25 at a nail supply place. The rest of my supplies I buy online. Saves me a fortune.

Keep up the good work. Don't give up and you'll get much better and you're nails will look fabulous.

Thank you so much! I filed them down again yesterday and they already look better. I'm happy to hear from someone who actually does their own that I have hope hah =]

ashleydenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Wow, they look really nice for your first time! I bet you with just a few more times you will have pro results for so much less. I'm also learning how to give myself mani/pedis at home so I don't have to pay for them, but don't have to neglect myself either.

I've been giving myself pedis forever, people say they look like they're done in a shop so I guess that's good. I do miss having someone else do them for me though, I love my feet touched, it's so relaxing lol

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleydenise
I've been giving myself pedis forever, people say they look like they're done in a shop so I guess that's good. I do miss having someone else do them for me though, I love my feet touched, it's so relaxing lol

lol i am the opposite i am so ticklish!! i have been doing my own pedis for years and people always think i got them done.
your nails look great, i tried to them myself but suck haha. i stick with broadway glue ons if i need a night out look and i love it but do not admit to that very often
winks.gif

KeishaG14

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread because I'm going to start doing my own nails next year probably Jan or Feb when I get some more money. I too have been watching YouTube and that's what inspired me as well.

What brands of supplies to you ladies use? I was told to use the same brand for the liquid and acrylics and all. Also, what brand of drill do you ladies have?

Latest posts