I don't believe this... MAC to be sold at Walgreens???

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvanizer

I don't believe this with a single cell in my body, but some people over at MUA are stating that an SA at Walgreens said they'd be phasing out Maybelline for MAC? Someone's either been smokin' crack or has cotton in their ears, cuz I don't see this happening in my lifetime! MAC is one of EL's biggest money makers. Why go d/s??

MACgirl

wow i highly doubt this tho. One reason for this is that mac makes so much money not only beucase of product quality but becuase they are only available online, counter, pro store or store. The exclusivness of it makes people want it more. another oen would be how woudl they go about trying to display it at walgreens? and the collections? who would sell those? it would be kinda wierd to have walgreens and then BAM mac in the corner...

galvanizer

I'm thinking she must have misheard. Surely a google search would say something about this but it turns up nothing. This couldn't be kept a secret. Some even say they swear MAC was a d/s line when it first came out but that's just insane IMHO. It previewed in dept. stores in Canada so I highly doubt it went d/s in the US. As if....!

mmm12

I just emailed walgreens and asked, I will let you know what they say.

But, allow me to speculate for the time being... MAC is one of the most inexpensive department store lines and I am contstantly astonished by how high drugstore prices are getting! Some drugstore items are actually more expensive then MAC (i.e. mascara). So, who knows, weirder things could happen.

Eye<3Colour

ooo how i wish that was true!! then i wouldnt have to wait for my stuff to arrive from my online order!!!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm12
But, allow me to speculate for the time being... MAC is one of the most inexpensive department store lines.

Very fair point actually. Which, color selection & and a couple other things asside, I'm sure contribute to its huge popularity. Think about it. If MAC's prices were compairable to Chanel, Dior, YSL, Chantecaille, etc, would we all really be buying as much of this brand as we already do?

In regards to the primary post, I disinclined think it's going to go to drugstores.

MAC_addict_77

MAC has way too much stuff to put into a Walgreens
lol.gif
That would be one huge display.

AlliSwan

I heard years ago Aveda was going to be sold at Walgreens....never happened. I did, however, see some select Aveda products at a CVS, so who knows? God, not to be a snob, but I really really REALLY hope it's not true.

V2LUCKY

That can't be true, I don't see it ever happening. I think it would take the allure out of it for a lot of people.

ChrisKsAngel

Yeah, I think they misheard too... Maybe they meant Max Factor? They would be easy to confuse.... I know my Walgreens here does not have Max Factor.

poddygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
I heard years ago Aveda was going to be sold at Walgreens....never happened. I did, however, see some select Aveda products at a CVS, so who knows? God, not to be a snob, but I really really REALLY hope it's not true.

My local CVS sells all sorts of supposed "salon-only" brands - Aveda, Rusk, Paul Mitchell, Sebastian etc. I've always wondered how they got around this ... But, in any event I can't see MAC at a drugstore ... no way. Must have been Max Factor (please God!)

pale blue

Lauder already has a drugstore brand - Jane. There's no way EL would agree to do that, it would take away all the counter business.

So chalk up another non-believer to this list
w00t.gif

anniewayz

Not that i think this will happen but here in canada, our most popular drugstore: shoppers has dior, biotherm, smashbox, clarins, lancome etc. so it's possible that normal dept. store make-up be sold at drugstores too...

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerisier
Lauder already has a drugstore brand - Jane. There's no way EL would agree to do that, it would take away all the counter business.

So chalk up another non-believer to this list
w00t.gif

Jane is actually no longer an Estee Lauder/Markham line.

Status
Not open for further replies.