I dont know what to do?

macface

Before i beging excuse my spelling...I have been dating this guy for 1yr already..he is 24yrs old Im 26 yrs single mom he has been my first boyfriend since i separated from my daughthers dad.We had so many problems already and its bearly been a year..Our problems usually are about him going out with his friends and getting drunk every weekend dont get me wrong i do like to go out and have my fun but i have a responsibility now im a mom..Sometimes i even just go out for dinner with friends and thats about it....he doesnt have any kids so he doesnt have a responsibility....His dad was an alcoholic in the past im afraid he might be the same...My friends think he is immature drunkie guy.

Through the whole year we have dated its been on and off all the time usually he always comes back looks for me and tells me he gonna change..I do have strong feelings for this guy but im also tired of his crap...Need advice.
angry.gif

gildedangel

It sounds like you need to get this guy out of your life. If he is being an emotional drain on you with the on and off thing, then that isn't good for you or your daughter. If you have a child, then you need a guy who is more mature. He isn't going to change, so it would be best to cut him loose. I know that it's hard when you have strong feelings for someone, but in the end you need to do what's best for you and your daughter. Good luck hun! *hugs*

Shimmer

You've got way more important things to worry about than this guy. Move on. Focus on yourself and your daughter.

katred

Specktra Bestie
While going out and partying with his friends on the weekend doesn't make him an alcoholic, it is a sign that he's not ready to take on the responsibility of dating a woman with a young child. You need someone who knows that fun has its place, but that kids come first and who is willing to share some of the responsibility with you.

LMD84

honestly he doesn't sound like somebody who you should be in a relationship right now. realistically whoever you date could be a potential step parent or father figure for you daughter and this guy doesn't sound like he fits the bill at all
ssad.gif
i say get rid of him and wait for somebody to come along who respects that you have a little one and somebody that would rather spend time with you than going out drinking all the time.

buddleia

DTMFA. If you're not familiar with Dan Savage, that means, Dump The Motherfucker Already. He uses that acronym on the MANY letters he gets that essentially say, "Dump him/her?" "Yes, dump him/her." Yes, you have strong feelings for him, BUT that's not going to change how he behaves. You're sick of his shit, so end it! Create the space in your life for someone great to enter it who will be good to you AND your daughter.

Mabelle

we all know men mature a lot slower than women. you've prob. matured faster than most 26 yr olds because of your daughter, and hes two yrs behind you in life expirience. I dont think going out and partying on weekends is a sign hes got a problem, i think its a sign hes a 24 yr old man that wants to party and be self indlugent and enjoy his freedom. he might change, but it wont be anytime soon.
Leave him, focus on your daughter and yourself, and when a man comes along be sure hes past taht stage of his life and is ready to do whats best for you two girls. Who knows, maybe a yr or two down the line youll meet this guy again and hell be a new man... but honestly, dont wait around to find out!!

Latest posts