i don't really know what to say...

kimmy

my health has been declining ALOT lately, and i've been to the doctor and they haven't been able to attribute it to anything.

i have the symptoms of mono, but my blood tests were negative. they said i'm slightly anemic, but not enough to where the anemia is causing these problems.

i'm still 17, so i can't go to the doctor without a parent...but i don't know what to tell my mom because i looked up the symptoms and they're all signs of leukemia.

i doubt that's what it is, because there's no family history of it and i think by now it should have been caught if that's what it is...but the problems i'm having don't match anything else.

how do i tell my mom that, though?

litlaur

I hate the feeling of not knowing what's wrong with your body. Last year I went to several doctors to figure out what was wrong with me. I kept getting various tests (Pap smears, urine test) with abnormal results. It wasn't anything traumatic for my health, but it was very unpleasant. I was even tested for every known STD. To this day, I still don't know what it was, but my symptoms finally cleared up.

I know it may be hard, but I think you should just tell her straight out - you're worried you might have leukemia. Maybe her some of the research you've done to let her know exactly what your concerns are. The sooner you can do something about, the sooner you can treat it. And if it's not leukemia, then it will settling to know that.

pumpkincat210

Stress can cause all kinds of symptoms. From headaches to toothaches to cramps and stomaches, body aches, fatigue..
You should definately tell your mom and your doctor that way they can give you a test.
Go tomorrow to rest your fears! Good luck!

joytheobscure

Do you have bruising too? I was always continually exhausted (well I still am) I was diagnosed with asthma at 19 and am taking four different meds for it. I still think its more than asthma. You should definately talk to your parents about it because then they can continue to try to find out. Two years ago I tried to find out what was wrong and all my bloodwork was normal. There are any number of disorders, most Doctors aren't going to do major bloodwork unless you really keep track of your symptoms and be persistant.

Personally I do think Doctors will ignore women's health sometimes especially if you look young/attractive or healthy. ONe thing, don't worry too much about it, when I was younger I used to always fear cancer too. I was scared of Doctors until I got pregnant and it was the fact I went for my baby.

kimmy

yeah, i've had several bruises that haven't gone away and they've been there for months. and i'm getting bruises really easily now. the slightest little bump will give me a major bruise now.

thank you all for your advice
smiles.gif
i'm gonna talk to her tomorrow morning.

Beauty Marked

holy shit...ok the same thing happened to me in october... i was sick for more than 2 months...the dr said i might have mono(i doubted it since i hadn't kissed a guy in a month) so they gave me antibiotics then made me take blood tests and it came out negative...they also checked for strep throat bc i had swollen lymph glands on my neck....i had a sore throat and this horrible cough... i hoped it wasn't anything...i was bruising up and i didn't remember hitting myself....after 7 weeks of a lot of sleeping(i was only awake when i had class) and antibiotics i got better...the dr. said that it was something going around...probabley the same is happening to u and u are going to get better soon i pray

lovejam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Marked
the dr said i might have mono(i doubted it since i hadn't kissed a guy in a month)

It's only called the kissing disease. It isn't spread solely through kissing.
smiles.gif

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i'm still 17, so i can't go to the doctor without a parent...but i don't know what to tell my mom because i looked up the symptoms and they're all signs of leukemia.

PLEASE go to a doctor!!
Our family doesn't have a history of that either but...
My dad had the same symptoms as you, he thought he was just aniemic, but he was diagnosed with having Mylodisplastic (sp?) syndrome, which is very similar and just as bad as leukemia
ssad.gif

But I hope you're won't be so serious. Keep us posted!

rcastel10

The best thing you can do is tell your mom and go to the doctor. If it is something bad the sooner they detect it the better your chances are of getting better. If it's not anyting major, that will help you to calm your fears and reduce all the stress that thinking about it might be causing you. Go to the doctor!!

user3

I know this can be tough on you.

A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with leukemia around age 15.
I am not sure which type of leukemia she has, I think it is Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. Which is not not inherited. She's such a strong person (metenally) that she didn't even let it get to her. I almost broke down and couldn't handle it. She is like a sister to me. I was afraid for her and afraid of losing her. Well, I am happy to say that she is doing fine and has 3 kids.
You want to catch this as early as you can! Early treatment with anything is the best thing you can you do!
You really need to talk with your mother about your concerns. You also need to take these conerns to your doctor. If you doctor doesn't want to listen see someone who will!
*tight hug*

kimmy

thank you <3

i'm sorry to hear about your friend, vanessa. but glad that she's getting through it. if anything, i think it would be acute leukemia that i might have too, because the symptoms just came out of nowhere which i read characterizes that. i feel sooo much better knowing that even if that is the case though, it can still work out
smiles.gif