I feel silly asking but .. help me with pigments? & more

I have a bunch of mac pigments that i bought bc they are so beautiful and I just for whatever reason have not worn them.
the ones i have are deckchair, goldenaire and melon. do you just mix them with mixing medium and put them on the lid? more shadow in the crease too? do you wear them with eyeliner? what kind? is there anything else i should know? is mixing medium ok to use if i bought it like 8 months ago? thank you!!

ledonatella

I don't have mixing medium so I can't comment on that, but I just put them overtop a shadow base and they stay all day for me. Top with with some liner ( I like powerpoints myself) and your good to go.

MissMarley

i usually just dip my brush in and use them as a wash- my favorite right now is to use a dark liner first, then use goldenaire as a wash, then get my eyeliner brush wet, dip it in goldenaire, and go over my dark liner- just play around! you don't have to use a mixing medium with them, they can be used dry, but a mixing medium makes an interesting metallic effect and makes them more intense- just depends on the effect you want. you can also pat them over lipglosses and brush over your cheeks as a highlighter! your mixing medium should be fine- you can use other things as mixing mediums too, i usually use visine or contact solution (whole lot cheaper!)

fairytale22

You can wear them dry, without medium...or you can wear them wet. You can use them as a liner, pretty much as anything!

TRES TEAL

some ppl even use them as blush, or mix them up with clear nail polish for a custom nail color, i usually aplly mine with mixing medium, then take an eyeliner brush, and use it wet as an eyeliner too. ive had my mixing medium for months and its still fine.

sarahbeth564

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
i usually use visine or contact solution (whole lot cheaper!)

I never thought of contact solution! Amazing! And obviously very eyesafe