I got a hedgehog!

TISH1124

Looks like a Rat/raccoon to me which I am terribly afraid of so off I go
th_happy1.gif

kittykit

Aww!! So cute! I live next to a reserved park here and we often see hedgehogs in front of our block. They're one of the cutest animals on earth.

abbey_08

AWWWWWWWW thats soooo adorable!!!!!!!!!

this may sound a bit dumb but im from england so i dont know, but why is it illegal to bring animals into hawaii?

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
AWWWWWWWW thats soooo adorable!!!!!!!!!

this may sound a bit dumb but im from england so i dont know, but why is it illegal to bring animals into hawaii?

Hawaii is like an exotic place where tons of rare birds, small animals, plants, and insects live, like no where else in the world. And sometimes when people bring small rodents such as ferrets or snakes, they tend to kill off and eat all the rare species that live here, a couple of them went extinct when tourists smuggle in rodents and reptiles to hawaii.
ssad.gif

There used to be soo many beautiful birds here when i was a little girl, it was very common to see bright orange, green, or red birds, but since more and more people brought in illegal animals, they basically all died out. Now we just have pidgeons here.

AngelBunny

I think he is CUTE! Unfortunately ... the only pets I have ever had that liked me and didn't try to kill me (seriously ... I have had three hampsters and all three tried to chew through my fingers!) were snakes, so I will pass on the hedgehog thing. Yours is ADORABLE though!

NutMeg

You are seriously bringing back my childhood right here. My grandma used to have two hedgehogs named Mabel and Percy when I was little (she also had turtles, my grandma kicks ass). Mabel was such a bitch, but Percy was one of the nicest animals I've met to date. He would put down his spines so you could pet him, he let you scratch his belly which is very unusual for a hedgehog... He was a sweetheart. They used to escape and Mabel would hide under rugs and stuff, and she would flatten out so you could hardly see a lump and we were always worried that someone would step on them. Man, flashback central right here. *goes off to reminisce further*

xsnowwhite

aw that is so cute! Where do you even find a hedgehog? ha probably a dumb question but I have never known anyone with a pet hedgehog.