I got a job! FINALLY! =D

xtiffineyx

So, after a week of working, I decided it was time for an update and let everyone know how my new job is going....

I LOVE IT!

Seriously, I absolutely love it! Everyone I work with is super cool and nice. It's an excellent work environment, and I'm always busy doing something which makes the time fly by. Now that classes have started I'll only get to work a couple days a week and I'm sad =( I still haven't learned EVERYTHING, but everyday I'm excited to learn something new. Since there's so much stuff to learn they told me they'll just teach it to me as it comes so I don't get overwhelmed, which took A LOT of pressure off of me.

So yeah, that's my update on my new job. We'll see if I feel the same way in 6 months hahahaha!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I FINALLY GOT HIRED SOMEWHERE! I applied EVERYWHERE in my town and no one wanted to hire me because of my class schedule, BUT the other day Rite-Aid called me. I got a job in the pharmacy since my major is Pharm Tech!

I start tomorrow at 9am, I'm so excited to finally be making some money!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. I'm afraid I'll get there and the other people that already work there will be rude and I'll end up hating it. I'll update tomorrow after I get home. Wish me luck!

ppalada

congrats!! im in the process of applying for a job since I just graduated from UC Davis. I am sure you will be fine. I wish you the best of luck at Rite Aid and in your studies. Yay for money!!!

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalada
congrats!! im in the process of applying for a job since I just graduated from UC Davis. I am sure you will be fine. I wish you the best of luck at Rite Aid and in your studies. Yay for money!!!

Thank you! I dread working in retail, but the experience will be great for when I graduate and I want to get hired on at a hospital!

Congrats on graduating and good luck with the job hunt!

juicygirl

congratulations tiffeney!! so excited for you because it's always super hard to land a job in the health care industry. don't worry about the other people, it's kinda nice to be the newbie because you can go in like whatever you want people to see you as. it's kind of exciting and i envy you that. plus, just remember that no matter where you work, there's almost always an asshole but not always. it is what you make of it ;].

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicygirl
congratulations tiffeney!! so excited for you because it's always super hard to land a job in the health care industry. don't worry about the other people, it's kinda nice to be the newbie because you can go in like whatever you want people to see you as. it's kind of exciting and i envy you that. plus, just remember that no matter where you work, there's almost always an asshole but not always. it is what you make of it ;].

Thank you! You give excellent advice =) I just hope everyone likes me and doesn't see me as some weird girl haha!

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Congratulations and good luck!
smiles.gif

I work in the pharmacy..............

Yes! I remember your thread about working in the pharmacy!

All I did today was set on a computer and take assessments, it was soooooo boring. BUT! Everyone was really nice, and I think I'll really like it once I get back in the back! I don't work again until Tuesday, so I'm excited to have the weekend off! haha! =)

TDoll

Congratulations! Glad your first day went well and that everyone was nice! You'll have to let us know how Tuesday goes!
smiles.gif

NicksWifey

Thanks for updating us on your first day! I'm glad that everyone was nice! Be sure to let us know how next week goes!
winks.gif

Chic 2k6

Congrats!! I know the feeling of applying everywhere, I only just got a new job this weekend lol, it's retail but I'm not complaining since i need the money!

purrtykitty

Congrats...I know exactly how you feel!! I start my new job on Monday. Good luck with the new line of work!!

User93

congrats! I've been working all the summer, and when things get really boring or people get rough, i think about 2 things:
- how happy i am to actually have the job
- how many precious goodies i can buy

So good luck! Im really happy for you doll!

honeybee28

Congrats! I know how hard it is to find a job I've been looking for one myself and not one interview yet. I hope get one soon though!

But dont worry about the others...Im sure they would gladly help you and is grateful that they have someone to help them out too. But if you do run into someone rude, dont let him/her get to you just let them know that you are going no where and that you belong in that pharmacy! haha

Latest posts