I got hired for Benefit! yayy /update: I think I was just screwed out of my job

Naked Lunch

I'll be working at the Benefit counter at Macys in Garden State Plaza. I'm pretty pumped. It's less pay than my other offer from Bloomingdales Borgese counter, but I prefer Benefit and it's a closer commute.
smiles.gif

Naked Lunch

I think I was just screwed out of my job

So here is the deal:

I applied to a bunch of different places at once. Bloomingdales called me back and offered me a job and I took it in case no one else called back. I was supossed to start training today. I continued to go on interviews at different places because I didn't really want the bloomies job.

Macys calls me back and I interview with them 3 times. My final interview on my way out I hear them telling a woman that is applying that she can't apply to Macys because she works at Bloomingdales and it's the same company. So Macys call me yesterday and offer me the job with Benefit. I explain to them that I took a job for Bloomingdales and just found out it might cause a problem. She talks to someone and calls me back and says it should be fine since I didn't start training yet and it's a different counter. I call Bloomingdales and tell them I took a different job and won't be working for them. The lady gets really pissed and rude and asks me if it's for Macys. I said yes and she started yelling saying i can't because it will cause conflict and hangs up. I get a call at 9 this morning from bloomingdales and it's a woman saying she needed to know what macys it was so she can mail my paper work to them and then she wishes me well. Very nice.

I go to Macys today to fill out my paperwork and they call me into the office. The manager says that Bloomingdales called them this morning and explained that i was alreayd hired with them and it causes a problem. I told them I explained that already and the woman said "Ohh I must have misunderstood" then they tell me they will call me if they can fix it and walked me to the door.

UNBELIEVABLE! I think I might have the worst luck. So if i don't get the job I won't be able to apply to any bloomingdales or Macys. That screws me out of a lot of jobs.

Hilly

Re: I think I was just screwed out of my job

Yipes! What a dillema! You can always try Nordstroms!

Trashionista

awww sweetie, I'm sorry! I know the feeling of thinking you have something awesome and then having it pulled away from you! I think it may have happened to me with my M.A.C. position
ssad.gif

But, let's hope for the best for both of us and I'll try to send some positive thoughts your way!!!

It's just a misunderstanding, you can work this out -- Good luck & let us know how it goes!!!

*hugs*

amoona

Why didn't u just tell Bloomies that you were going to consider their offer because you still had other interviews to finish? I don't want to sound rude or harsh but when you apply to the same company and pretty much screw over one of the stores by leaving them hanging then the other store owned by the same company wont hire you.

Just like with MAC they ask you before you're interviewed if you work for any Estee Lauder company. If you do your current manager has to know and if you did then you had to have left on good terms.

Naked Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Why didn't u just tell Bloomies that you were going to consider their offer because you still had other interviews to finish? I don't want to sound rude or harsh but when you apply to the same company and pretty much screw over one of the stores by leaving them hanging then the other store owned by the same company wont hire you.

Just like with MAC they ask you before you're interviewed if you work for any Estee Lauder company. If you do your current manager has to know and if you did then you had to have left on good terms.

I took the job because I didn't have any other interviews lined up and wanted to make sure I had a job. Macys called me back a few days after I took the job and I had no idea they were the same company until I overheard someone in the Macys office telling someone from bloomingdales that they can't apply, and that when I asked the person hiring me if it would be a problem.

TIERAsta

boo. i'm so sorry that things aren't working out too well. just try to keep your head up. ditto to nordstrom's!! be sure to let us know how things work out!!

Naked Lunch

Macys called me back yesterday and told me that I got the job! I start training at the end of the week. yay!

Trashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Lunch
Macys called me back yesterday and told me that I got the job! I start training at the end of the week. yay!

Hell yeah! Things worked out for both of us after all...I love it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
clap.gif

Naked Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensbarbie1017
You must live very close to me =P

I do live very close to you! About 20 min away.