i got married today

tomodachi_usagi

hey ladies, ive been living with my now husband for a month or so now and we got married this morning but i dont really feel different.. i mean it feels the same cuz we've always been like a mr and mrs but now its official but i dont really feel different. is this normal? considering ive been living here with him and all.. and we've been together for about 2 years now plus im 19. wat do you ladies think about this? should i feel different? like some emotional epiphany? lol

Shimmer

mmm. I'm sure everyone who's married here will appreciate having one of the most memorable days of a lifetime noted as simply a 'label'. :/

I won't say there's some kind of epiphany, but *shrug* everyone's different.
smiles.gif

Evey

Don't feel odd, I felt the same way. I was already living with my husband for a couple of months before we got married by court. I didn't feel any different but, I was very happy.

tomodachi_usagi

lol thanx ladies i was just wondering if it was normal-ish to feel this way~~~ super excited though but just feels like another day with him but i can call him my husband now~~~ n i got to change my ugly last name !!!!!!!!!!!!

jenntoz

I didn't really feel any different when I married my hubby...we lived together for a year & a half before we got married. I feel like we always knew we had a great relationship & would be together forever but once you're married other people look at your relationship as a real commitment, its weird. Congratulations!
drinks.gif

laguayaca

I think the most nerve-wrecking thing to me is the moving in thing after we get married I have never lived outside my parents home! I'm happy for you! May God bless your marriage in all the years to come!

lovelyweapon

It usually also depends on whether you just got legally married in a court or actually went all out and had a wedding. My friend got married in a court after living with her husband for months and didn't feel any different either
winks.gif

I'm planning on moving in with my boyfriend and having a pretty large wedding within months of doing so.

purrtykitty

Yeah, that's how it was for us, too. I took that as a good sign...that you two were so comfortable and knew everything about each other that marriage was just the final step in uniting your souls. Congratulations!

newagetomatoz

[SIZE=+1]Congratulations!!!!! YAY!!!
th_DANCE.gif
[/SIZE]

I really wouldn't expect you to feel any different because of the wedding, the only difference between then and now is a marriage license and a cermony--you guys have already been having the deeper relationship!

mrsgray

Congratulations..Have a blessed and prosperous marriage.

I felt the same way. Nothing different. We even stayed home from work an extra week and were holed up in our house trying to feel the newlywededness(lol) and it just didn't happen. We'd been living together a year and a half prior, so nothing new there and I still haven't completely changed my name and it's been almost 4 years. ROFLOL So yeah..umm..don't feel bad for not feeling different.

SparklingWaves

I never lived with my husband prior to marriage, so I did feel it was different. Also, I had never lived away from home. He was so comfortable about everything like he had known me all his life and I was so nervous. Come to think about it, I still get nervous about things like it's the first time. He says, "Don't you know me by now? I mean we have been together for more than half of my life." I say, "I know, but I still feel like it's the first time we met and I get goosebumps."

Remember hugs, kisses, cuddle, and holding hands everyday. --

Congratulations! May you have a wonderful life together.

Trunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomodachi_usagi
hey ladies, ive been living with my now husband for a month or so now and we got married this morning but i dont really feel different.. i mean it feels the same cuz we've always been like a mr and mrs but now its official but i dont really feel different. is this normal? considering ive been living here with him and all.. and we've been together for about 2 years now plus im 19. wat do you ladies think about this? should i feel different? like some emotional epiphany? lol

Not a lady but congratulations and my best wishes for a life long, happy, and secure, marriage
th_DANCE.gif