I got my hands on a 226!

Enchantedcameo

I got my hands on a 226! There is a store that just opened this week that carries Mac in the town I live in so we went to check it out and while I was browsing through the brushes and there it was in all of its 226 glory. I have been kicking myself mentally for not buying it when it came out, and I really don’t like buying makeup and makeup related items on the internet (I am very paranoid that I will be scammed.). Needless to say I have been super ecstatic.

II3rinII

wait. she owns a store and is selling MAC out of it??? thats illegal!! MAC is not a franchise like micabella or arrbone, salons and boutiques cant just "sell" MAC. if you want to purchase MAC and you want it to be authentic, then it should be purchased by a licenced dealer (MAC store or partner location i.e. belk, nordies, macy etc., the official MAC website or CCO). she is not a trained MAC artists, and should not be selling our product. how does she get it?

abbyquack

^^ I was just going to say...I'm glad you got your hands on the 226, but how is she getting it? I would be wary, either she's using a pro card and reselling product or it's coming from a "wholesaler" aka fakery. Which I doubt the 226 has been replicated YET, but you never know. Again, it's cool you got the brush, I don't want to dampen your ecstaticness but I don't know how legit she is.

TISH1124

Glad you were able to get the brush!! I guess if Ebay stores are not being shut down she probably won't be either. I am sure 9/10 of those sellers have pro cards and buy and resell for profit...does it make it right ...NO, but it happens everyday....Sad, but true...especially all the items that go up the day of launch....at prices almost equal to retail..they have to be buying at discount to sell it at retail and make profit..

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Glad you were able to get the brush!! I guess if Ebay stores are not being shut down she probably won't be either. I am sure 9/10 of those sellers have pro cards and buy and resell for profit...does it make it right ...NO, but it happens everyday....Sad, but true...especially all the items that go up the day of launch....at prices almost equal to retail..they have to be buying at discount to sell it at retail and make profit..

Pretty much.

I know it's not MAC's policy to sell their products wholesale to individuals but I don't get up in arms about it. I guess I really don't care. If it gets out that she is selling MAC without the authority to do so I am sure MAC will put a stop to it.

Enchantedcameo

I thought the same thing when I found out she would be selling Mac, and I asked her about it. She has connections at the corporate level that pulled some strings for her, and corporate is allowing her to sell it in her store. I checked out her inventory and everything was 100% authentic. She has all the display racks, bags so I am very confident that she is legit. She does sell the Pro products, but she doesn’t have a Pro Card. I will call Corporate Monday to verify.

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantedcameo
I thought the same thing when I found out she would be selling Mac, and I asked her about it. She has connections at the corporate level that pulled some strings for her, and corporate is allowing her to sell it in her store. I checked out her inventory and everything was 100% authentic. She has all the display racks, bags so I am very confident that she is legit. She does sell the Pro products, but she doesn’t have a Pro Card. I will call Corporate Monday to verify.

im sorry, as a mac employee (and manager) i just dont believe this. i truely feel she is lying to you. the estee lauder corp would not allow this, they do not franchise MAC. nothing against you, i just really feel she is not legit.

Enchantedcameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
im sorry, as a mac employee (and manager) i just dont believe this. i truely feel she is lying to you. the estee lauder corp would not allow this, they do not franchise MAC. nothing against you, i just really feel she is not legit.

Oh no I completly understand your consern. I was very skeptical about it until I saw it. How would she get ahold of store displays though? As a manager you might be able to know away for her to do it. Because she has the exact same displays that you see at any MAC counter and store. And if she is doing this with out Mac's knowledge she wouldn't be advertising it so openly for fear of getting caught.
th_dunno.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantedcameo
Oh no I completly understand your consern. I was very skeptical about it until I saw it. How would she get ahold of store displays though? As a manager you might be able to know away for her to do it. Because she has the exact same displays that you see at any MAC counter and store. And if she is doing this with out Mac's knowledge she wouldn't be advertising it so openly for fear of getting caught.
th_dunno.gif

As far as the stands go, I believe you can buy them on ebay occasionally.

Whats the name of her store?
I will email MAC for you and ask if she is a certified seller.

Because if she isn't - you should be very careful buying product from her.

Sparxx

I'm happy you got it! Apparently some people are forgetting what this post was originally about.....

Enchantedcameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparxx
I'm happy you got it! Apparently some people are forgetting what this post was originally about.....

Thanks I am very happy I got it. Its absolute heaven.
I don't blame anybody for the reaction they had about were I got the brush from. To be honest I had the exact same reaction myself when I first heard that the store was going to sell Mac. I contacted corportate just to verify that they had corporate approval. If they did than awsome if not than that is something they will have to deal with.