I got new Nailpolish/Makeup storage, yay!

Honi

Hello everyone! I havent shared any part of my makeup and nailpolish collection before so I wanted to do so now that I've gotten some more storage. The furniture below is from Ikea, it is a 4x4 black/brown Expedit shelfing unit with 4x matte white drawer inserts and clear acrylic knobs. I mainly use this to store my nailpolish, I have a Ikea Malm vanity and an Ikea Malm Drawer unit that I store my makeup in but I will share that another time. I have not set the shelfing unit up 100% as I want it yet since I just got it, and there will be some shelves hung above the unit when I get the time.

In the empty holes on the bottom I will add bins that fit the size of the holes but I havent gotten that far yet, I currently store sample products, camera equipment and packing supplies (Jiffy bags, adress labels, tape) there.

OPI Drawer

Gosh, Color Club, E.L.F, Maybelline, H&M, Wet N Wild and other random brands

Quite empty China Glaze drawer

Essie, Orly, Nubar, Make Up Store & Chanel

Isadora, A England and Depend

Nail art supplies & gel manicure kits

Overflow of perfumes, perfume samples and room sprays

Make Up Bag

Anneri

Lovely, honi! I especially like the colourful perfume bottles against the dark wood of the Expedit. Did it turn out how you pictured it?

Honi

Lovely, honi! I especially like the colourful perfume bottles against the dark wood of the Expedit. Did it turn out how you pictured it?
Yes it really did, I got a little bit unsecure in the store and was considering going for white unit with white drawers but I like the dark wood. Its more comforting! And those drawers fit nailpolish like a charm, even the taller bottles.. :)

Honi

Updated my setup with some picture-shelves for a good overview of my Nailpolishes, yet again from Ikea (Theyre called Ribba).

sharkbait

I have the exact same Expedit unit but in white and always HATED it because it made my bedroom look messier with everything on display, and I never really liked big square bins. I LOVE how it looks with two drawers per cubby and it looks so neat and easily accessible (much better than the plastic storage drawers I see so many people use). Plus, I've been scouring the internet for new storage! This post made my day, thank you for sharing this great idea. I think I'll be copying you once I find drawers :)

Medgal07

I wasnt a big fan of how open it was without the drawers so I know the feeling! The drawers are so nice thoguh, and there are tons of different options at ikea for what color. There are even little cabinet doors so you can "close" the expedit cubby-hole with a door. Love it!
Its so handy, fits all nailpolish bottles really well aswell!
Love your setup Honi. Like you, I also hate things in the open and prefer drawers w/doors---just looks neater & uncluttered.
I'm sure you're enjoying it immensely!

Paint&Ink Chick

I wasnt a big fan of how open it was without the drawers so I know the feeling! The drawers are so nice thoguh, and there are tons of different options at ikea for what color. There are even little cabinet doors so you can "close" the expedit cubby-hole with a door. Love it!
Its so handy, fits all nailpolish bottles really well aswell!
Glad you like it. Although my little can wait a few years...she's about to be 8 next month. But already has a nice polish collection...smh

beautycool

Hi Hun Love this :) I have two of these units but they are downstairs and storing books etc crap lol We have them standing up as no room for them to be laying down Maybe when we get our own place we may have room to lay them like this :) Brill idea the cubby holes with drawers Brill :)

Latest posts