I had my Interview with MAC today!

PrettyDolledUp

So today I had my interview at my local MAC counter with the counter manager. We were supposed to meet yesterday, but since it was a holiday, we had to reschedule it for today.

I think it went pretty well, and she's supposed to schedule me to do my demo interview at the end of the week with one of the regional trainers. She said she usually does the demo interviews, but since he's going to be in the area, she wants him to do the demo interview, because she wants to challenge me. eeeeek! I'm sooo nervous, and I'm just waiting for her to contact me to confirm the date and time. I'm applying for a freelance position right now, so hopefully I pass the next step of the interview process! aahhhh! I can hardly wait!!
greengrin.gif

PrettyDolledUp

I talked to the counter manager earlier today, and we're going to schedule my demo/makeup interview on Monday! EEEEEEK!

When I had my interview with her on Tuesday, she told me that the thing they look for during the makeup interview is how we are able to communicate with the customer & how we educate them about what we are doing, and it's not necessarily how the make up looks. But we do need to know basic makeup application and all that good stuff.

So I have to bring in a model on Monday and from there we'll see how it goes! ahhhhhh! Anyways, I'll definitely keep you guys posted. I have to do makeup for 2 graduating girls and a member of a bridal party tomorrow, so I'll practice my educating/communicating with them! hehe.
winks.gif

PrettyDolledUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
Good luck!!!

Did you ever have a phone interview?

Thanks! Actually, I didn't have a phone interview. One day, I decided to take my friend's advice (who works for MAC)...she told me to start off trying to apply for a freelance position and go to a counter, wear a cute outfit, and have my makeup all done, and give my resume to the manager.

So I decided to do that one day, and to my suprise, the counter manager said that she will contact me the following week to schedule an interview, and if I don't hear from her that week to give her a call. I wasn't expecting to get an interview that quick. So I ended up giving her a call and she scheduled a face to face interview for me over the phone, then from there, a couple days later, she scheduled me to do a makeup interview (which is on Monday!) I didn't have a phone interview at all.

PrettyDolledUp

omg.gif

TODAY IS MY DEMO/MAKEUP INTERVIEW!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'M SOOO NERVOUS!!!! I'M JUST WAITING FOR MY SISTER TO GET TO MY HOUSE (SHE'S MY MODEL), THEN WE'RE ON OUR WAY!

I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IT GOES! EEEEKKKKKKK!