I had the best experience at MAC today!

Bronxcutie

I went to MAC today to find a foundation that leaves my skin dewy. I'm tired of the SF Fluid. I ended up getting Mineralize Satin Finish in NC50. It's awesome! I also bought Prep + Prime for my face. After the MA applied the foundation to find my correct match, he fixed up the makeup I already had on including my brows. I had asked him to recommend a brow highlighter that I can use with my cool colors. He said that I could try "Phloof," but I was worried about it being chalky on my complexion. He said that he didn't like frosty highlighters. He said that I could use a natural highlighter, like concealer. He told me that I should always do my brows first. He filled in my brows with Corduroy eye shadow. Then he said that I can continue using my Brunette Brow Finisher. He applied a light concealer under my browbone with a brush. He blended it with a wedge sponge. Then he went around the top of my brow with the concealer with the same brush. I have never seen my brows shaped so perfectly! They looked as if they had been waxed! He said I did a good job on my shadow, but he also added Corduroy and Flashtrack (since I mentioned a highlight for cool colors that were pink or blue). I already had on Vex as a highlight with Sketch and Trax in the crease. He added Corduroy above the crease and added Flashtrack in the crease. It looks amazing! He impressed me so much!!! Try that trick! Just add a concealer lighter than your normal shade under your brows. It makes a HUGE difference! You can use a generous amount and just blend it in well with a sponge.

prinzessin784

Neat trick! that's one of those things you'd never think of on your own, huh? Too bad they don't make a shade lighter than my skin tone
winks.gif
haha! You should post a pic!

giz2000

that concealer trick works really well with darker skin tones, since a lot of the highlighters (shadow) tend to look chalky...I am glad you had such a good experience!
clap.gif

MsButterfli

i had a dude do that eyebrow trick on me too at the Flatiron District store...girl it looked like i went and got my brows done too lol i got the concealer and brow kit right right then and there lol..totally forgot what i initially went in for too but im glad u had a great experience
smiles.gif

calbear

Ohhh it's good to hear about a good experience on here - please send that MA a compliment through the website, I know he would really appreciate it as well as his manager.

Triskele

Chiming in with my own awesome experience- it was really chaotic today at the freestanding store at my local mall (Valley Fair, for you bay area girls) and one of the lovely MAs took a ton of time out to answer my questions and even did an impromptu balloonacy eye demo on me, as well as matching some new foundation (imagine my surprise when I found out I'm actually an NC 40...
blush-anim-cl.gif
). As soon as I got home, I emailed CS via the website to let them know about her.

I love how there are starting to be more stories of GREAT MAs from MAC!
greengrin.gif

aziza

Oh my gosh girl! I just had to say "thank you" for relaying that tip! It's freaking awesome! I used NC42 in Select-Coverup like you described and I am thrilled. My brows have never looked better. What an awesome artist "your" MA must be lol.