I hate foundation

iLust

I really do hate it...but my skintone is so uneven and splotchy that it's a necessity. I am at a loss as to what type and tone of foundation would be best for my skin.
I've tried so many foundations (drugstore and a couple higher end) and nothing seems to do it for me. I was using Clinique Superfit for a while, but near the end of the bottle, my skin started to feel extra oily after an hour. My skin is pretty oily in the warm months, especially in the t-zone. Occasional blemishes on what I call the "telephone zone". I'm also unsure of whether I have a warm or cool skintone. I used to think I was cool because I wore more silver jewelry, but lately I've been thinking I might be more warm.
Help?

437084060_l.jpg

Shawna

Have you tried the various brands of mineral makeup? I have really sensitive skin and it is one of the few things that helps rather than irritates. There is a whole forum dedicated to mineral makeup in the cosmetics discussion section. I hated foundation too before I discovered the wonders of minerals
smiles.gif

Kat

I hate liquid foundation with a passion. I wear a mineral foundation (in a loose powder form, and you buff it on with a kabuki brush) or my absolute favourite is Mac Studio Fix Powder and Foundation in one (in compact form).

kimmy

i've never used mineral makeup, but i've heard that the L'oreal mineral makeup is a good place to start, it's relatively cheap and you should be able to pick it up in just about any drugstore
smiles.gif
and if you can't decide whether to get a warm or cool toned foundation, i think those L'oreal ones come in neutrals as well as warm/cool tones...so just go with a neutral and you should be good
greengrin.gif
HTH!

Bootyliciousx

One word Prescriptives. The Prescriptives Flawless Skin or the Virtual Matte (medium to full coverage) is just fabalous in its ablity to stay on for the whole day and night, coverage, not a tid bit cakey, not a tad bit, no sir no, and also get this it does not brake you out. Get it, see ebay to test it out. Its just fabalous and can I say the color selection is great. I have tried Cinema secerts, Rcma, bobbi brown most foundations in her line, Mac, Este Lauder ( foundation okay, do not know abt full coverage or medium coverage, hear the double wear is good), whats else a lot of foundations and Prescriptives has to be the best.

You can go to a counter and get custom blend for 60 bucks or get the flawless or vitrual for 40 bucks. Its really good. I must also say Mac SPF liquid foundation is not bad at all the coverage, staying ablity, look and finish is just fabalous as well. But I prefer Prescriptives because it is more healthier for the skin and does not break me out.

Bootyliciousx

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i've never used mineral makeup, but i've heard that the L'oreal mineral makeup is a good place to start, it's relatively cheap and you should be able to pick it up in just about any drugstore
smiles.gif
and if you can't decide whether to get a warm or cool toned foundation, i think those L'oreal ones come in neutrals as well as warm/cool tones...so just go with a neutral and you should be good
greengrin.gif
HTH!

I have to agree with this user. Loreal True Match is just as good as Mac Spf and prescriptives. The coverage is the best by far, only have to put a layer to get fabalous coverage. It works great as a concealor if you are not sensitve undreneath eye area. I would so use this, but the lasting ablity for me is no good. It comes off within 3 to 4 hours. This is defenitely one good foundation.
smiles.gif

ieatbugs

Estee Lauder and Prescriptives both have very good powder foundations that have just come out that I recommend - the EL version is DoubleWear and lasts up to 8 hours, it's cool because you can get up to a medium/full coverage with it and it will help absorb oil. The Prescriptives is somewhat less drying and I would probably recommend it for more dry skin.
smiles.gif
Also have you considered a tinted moisturizer?

As far as your color goes, on my monitor, I would probably say you are Neutral, with some pink and some yellow.
smiles.gif

daisydeadpetals

I agree - you look like you have neutral undertones. I use bareminerals, I love it! I've also heard everyday minerals is pretty good - you can get free samples from their website.
Btw, those colors look great with your eyes!

iLust

Thanks so much for the replies...I do have Bareminerals in medium and medium beige, and tried the loreal one (which actually worked a little better for me, but I spilled eye makeup remover all over it) but for some reason I don't see much coverage. I'm guessing I'm not buffing well enough or something. I might give Prescriptives a try!

YvetteJeannine

I am also a gal whom hates foundation. I have the BE mineral foundation...I like it...but if I'm in a hurry, it takes a lot of my time. So I went down another road.....

Tinted Moisturiser!!!!!

I LOVE it! I bought Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser (the one in the silver tube...with SPF), and I just adore this stuff!! It's a little bit expensive ($40 US)...but is foundation not just as expensive?? This, I can assure you is worth every cent! It corrects that 'uneveness' in the skin w/o feeling heavy, or sticky. It's also very easy to blend..you don't even need a brush; just use your fingers! Another plus is that most TM's have an SPF in them. So it's helping to take care of the skin too!!

Becca is another exceptional brand...and they're renown for having a shade to compliment just about any skintone.

You should seriously give Tinted Moisturizer a try. You'll not be sorry
winks.gif

Latest posts