I Hate Mac Brushes!

Wicked Lovely

Ive been using the too faced teddy bear hair blush brush i,ts the softest brush ive ever had .But i wanted to get a proper mac blush brush during the ffsale.So i ordered the 129.And ive literally just got it about an hour ago.And i must say i absolutly hate hate hate it lol I dont understand how anybody loves this brush? Its so rough and scratches my cheeks all up.I really dont understand the hype about .Its not special in the slightest to me.Oppinions about this? Anybody feel same as i do? Ive also got the 187 and i really like the way it feels,really soft.Also ive got basics like the 217,239 and a pencil brush.I like them but i must say as a whole im liking my all my too faced brushes much much more then any mac brush ive ever used lol A million times softer then mac brushes.Thoughts?

MissResha

i just wanna say YAY for the TFTB brushes. they are my favorites hands down.

i own just ONE mac brush, the 168, and its...ok. i barely use it. i dont see what the hype is either. the only MAC brush i really want is the 187. i like that one. but not for $42 lol.

jdechant

Sorry, I completely Disagree...I love my MAC brushes more then any brushes I've ever owned! Mind you I don't have the 129 but I have about 19 other MAC brushes...love all of them!! Then again, I've never tried two faced brushes before...have you washed the brush yet?? Maybe that will make a difference once its washed!

M.A.C. head.

BLASPHEMY.

*shakes head*

I agree with washing the brush and getting use out of it before turning your nose down at it. Most brushes, of ANY brand, are stiff when you buy them. You have to "break them in".

Wicked Lovely

MissResha i agree there definitly are my fav brushes.I wish they would start expanding and making more brushes ,dont you? BTW i only got the 187 because of the ffsale lol

Jdechant & M.A.C. head I have not washed the brush yet because i dont think that Mac will let me return it if i do,am i wrong? I personally have never bought a brush that got softer with washing but i might be wrong.But i just dont think that even with a washing it will ever be as soft as my too faced brush plus its not as big an fluffy either.I do like the 187 and ill proabably use that for blush along with the TF brush so i really dont need to 129.I know alot might say blasphemy lol But theres alot of Mac that i really dont like lol Sorry

Odette1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
BLASPHEMY.

*shakes head*

I agree with washing the brush and getting use out of it before turning your nose down at it. Most brushes, of ANY brand, are stiff when you buy them. You have to "break them in".

Just like ballet pointe shoes.
greengrin.gif

blindpassion

I personally have no experience with the 129. But I have over 30 mac brushes, and I've never experienced a company with better brushes than MAC.

vocaltest

my 129 is really scratchy too.
i've washed it loads of times, and used conditioner etc. i kinda like it though... not the scratchiness of it, but it seems to be blend out blush well.

don't worry, the rest of their brushes aren't like that in my experience.

alka1

I read the title of this thread and thought you were kidding.

I have never had a single problem with any of the MAC brushes I have owned. MAC really knows how to make brushes imo.

lara

Too Faced brushes are a soft synthetic, you're comparing apples and oranges if you expect a goat-hair brush to be of a similar texture.

Compare like to like, don't compare opposites.

TISH1124

I have the 129 (wash all brushes first to soften them up) and 80% of the rest of MAC brushes and I would not trade them for any other brand...they are worth every penny....I agree with the apples to oranges...I personally break out from synthetic anything...and the feel of real hair far surpasses fake anything IMO

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lovely
Ive been using the too faced teddy bear hair blush brush i,ts the softest brush ive ever had .But i wanted to get a proper mac blush brush during the ffsale.So i ordered the 129.And ive literally just got it about an hour ago.And i must say i absolutly hate hate hate it lol I dont understand how anybody loves this brush? Its so rough and scratches my cheeks all up.I really dont understand the hype about .Its not special in the slightest to me.Oppinions about this? Anybody feel same as i do? Ive also got the 187 and i really like the way it feels,really soft.Also ive got basics like the 217,239 and a pencil brush.I like them but i must say as a whole im liking my all my too faced brushes much much more then any mac brush ive ever used lol A million times softer then mac brushes.Thoughts?

My 129 is a bit scratchy too. I use conditioner and wash it often and this helps.

TISH1124

Wash it...MAC has the best return policy ever...if you don't like it you can return it within 30 days....No questions asked normally....

n_c

I found the same with my 129. I washed mine with a high foaming face wash...i think its purity and it softens that sucker right up.

abbyquack

I freaking love MAC brushes! I know what you mean though when people hype up a product and then you try it and it's not that great...I guess to each his own. I just ordered the 129 so I don't yet have it, and I hope it's not scratchy...but I've not yet had any bad MAC brushes- they've all been amazing! SE brushes are no good though, I will give you that.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lovely
.....I have not washed the brush yet because i dont think that Mac will let me return it if i do,am i wrong? .....

You should always wash any brush before you use it. You never know who or what has touched that brush during the manufacturing process. Additionally, there may be residual chemical agents left on the fibres.

MAC will take your brush back if you have washed it. They expect and recommend you to wash it before use. They are more concerned about the length of time you have had it and whether or not you have a rec't.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Too Faced brushes are a soft synthetic, you're comparing apples and oranges if you expect a goat-hair brush to be of a similar texture.

Compare like to like, don't compare opposites.

So true. Synthetic brushes and natural fibre brushes also perform differently. Personally, I find natural fibre brushes handle powder products much better than synthetic.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Wash it...MAC has the best return policy ever...if you don't like it you can return it within 30 days....No questions asked normally....

Off Topic: But if I can I will shop at a MAC Counter before I go to a MAC Store. Usually they are less busy and have a MUCH better return policy (Norstrom, Macy's, Belk, etc). So unless I need a Pro Pan or a MAC Store Exclusive, it is counters all the way.