I hate the 150 brush.

k.a.t

...is it just me? I purchased this brush about a week ago and I have to say, for the money I paid and it being a MAC brush, I am very disappointed with this brush. It's very rough and not soft at all. Even after I washed it and used a bit of conditioner on it, it's still rough and horrible. It also sheds like crazy..
thmbdn.gif

I really regret buying this because the quality of the bristles is just horrible. I've looked on makeupalley and a lot of the girls on there hate this brush for the same reasons I stated. What is it with this brush? I was so excited as well
ssad.gif

It's not all bad however, I love the density and the shape and length of the bristles..it's perfect for applying my bronzer and getting an even coverage, but the texture of the bristles makes me hate it..

Do any of you who own this brush have the same problems as me?

LMD84

hhmm i don't own this brush however if you're relly not happy and you only bought it a week ago perhaps you could take it back to the store and swap it for another brush. i have the 134 and that is god for bronzer because it's really big and fluffy.

BeautyizPain

i do agree with you..i have the 150 and have the same problem..i have learned to bear with the roughness of the brush due to the amount i paid for it...i use it to apply bronzer and it does a good job doing that just a little annoying..i feel you!

KeishaG14

I have 2 of the 150 brushes, but never use them. I find myself using my Ecotools brush for the same purpose.

iheartmakeup412

I agree it is rough, but I try to use it because it was so expensive. I find my sigma ss150 brush is a lot softer and it was so much cheaper. I wish I knew about the sigma brushes before I spent $50+ on the mac 150

shontay07108

I love the 150 brush! It's not as soft as a lot of other brushes, but it doesn't hurt me at all. It makes applying blush so easy for me. It's quick b/c I have big cheeks and the brush is big itself, but I never overdo it with this brush. Plus, I can use one side for a highlighting powder and the other for a blush and confident that the colors won't get muddy b/c there is so much space.

Swirlgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup412
I agree it is rough, but I try to use it because it was so expensive. I find my sigma ss150 brush is a lot softer and it was so much cheaper. I wish I knew about the sigma brushes before I spent $50+ on the mac 150

I agree with this. I have both the MAC 150 and Sigma ss150 and the Sigma one is SOOO much softer than the MAC one. Maybe the Sigma one has synthetic bristles? I actually find most synthetic hair bushes to be softer than the natural hair brushes.
If you're unhappy with it, you can always put it up for swap here or return it to MAC.

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hhmm i don't own this brush however if you're relly not happy and you only bought it a week ago perhaps you could take it back to the store and swap it for another brush. i have the 134 and that is god for bronzer because it's really big and fluffy.

Thing is I bought it online so I can't return it instore can i?
th_confused_new.gif
and I threw out the receipt thing it comes with in the post and it's too much of a hassle to return it that way. I didn't know I had to arrange AND pay for it to be returned to MAC, as well as having to contact them beforehand and filling out some form..I didn't know about all this
ssad.gif

Also..I looked on their site for the 134 because that's the one i originally wanted but I didn't find it
th_confused_new.gif

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I love the 150 brush! It's not as soft as a lot of other brushes, but it doesn't hurt me at all. It makes applying blush so easy for me. It's quick b/c I have big cheeks and the brush is big itself, but I never overdo it with this brush. Plus, I can use one side for a highlighting powder and the other for a blush and confident that the colors won't get muddy b/c there is so much space.

Hmm, I have heard of a few people getting really lucky with this brush, howver it appears the majority get low quality rough versions...it's so confusing.

Count yourself lucky lol I really wanted to love this brush..

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Thing is I bought it online so I can't return it instore can i?
th_confused_new.gif
and I threw out the receipt thing it comes with in the post and it's too much of a hassle to return it that way. I didn't know I had to arrange AND pay for it to be returned to MAC, as well as having to contact them beforehand and filling out some form..I didn't know about all this
ssad.gif

Also..I looked on their site for the 134 because that's the one i originally wanted but I didn't find it
th_confused_new.gif

hhmm i can't help on the refund policy because i'm in the uk and it may be different to where you are. however when i was unhappy with the brush quality or a certain brush i emailed mac with my issues and they let me keep the brush but sent me a cheque for the amount it cost which i thought was very nice. maybe if you called them at customer care and expain the issues you've had and that you'd like to swap it for the 134. they should have you order details stored somewhere so loosing your invoice shouldn't be too much of an issue.

it's worth a try anyways!

EDIT - just seen you're in the uk! doh! ring them up and they'll deffo be able to help you!

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hhmm i can't help on the refund policy because i'm in the uk and it may be different to where you are. however when i was unhappy with the brush quality or a certain brush i emailed mac with my issues and they let me keep the brush but sent me a cheque for the amount it cost which i thought was very nice. maybe if you called them at customer care and expain the issues you've had and that you'd like to swap it for the 134. they should have you order details stored somewhere so loosing your invoice shouldn't be too much of an issue.

it's worth a try anyways!

EDIT - just seen you're in the uk! doh! ring them up and they'll deffo be able to help you!

ooo really? sadly I've already gone past the 7 day limit to tell them of my intentions to return it..and the product has to be in its original condition so I don't think I can return
ssad.gif
damn it..

gigiopolis

If you can, try out the Ecotools powder brush. Cheap, soft, and perfect for bronzer <3

I've always been apprehensive to try the 150 cus I've heard some bad things about it...Ecotools it is!

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
If you can, try out the Ecotools powder brush. Cheap, soft, and perfect for bronzer <3

I've always been apprehensive to try the 150 cus I've heard some bad things about it...Ecotools it is!

Thanks..I'll go google that right away lol

Evissa

My 150 is exactly the same its kind of matted and rough in the middle section of the brush and it sheds quite a bit.

Im going to give it a good wash and hopefully get rid of any excess hairs and see if it improves.

My friend bought me loads of brushes from Mac Duty Free and I didn't get any of my stuff until 6wks after she purchased it so I was way out of policy for an exchange/refund

s_lost

I had luck this time, mine 150 is very soft, I use it everyday for loose powder (and I bought it from ACW, not a counter)

AshleyDanielle

I realize this thread is olddd. But I HATE my 150 brush too. It sheds horribly. Like RIDICULOUSLY shedding. Like 10-20 hairs EVERY time I used it. I tried giving it a good wash with baby shampoo, and MAC's brush cleanser, and it still sheds. I was starting to think I had bought a fake, because it was so terrible!

Latest posts