I have a ? about Canal Street in NYC

Robby_Raynebow

Me and my BFF are going to NYC and are dying to shop on Canal Street and we were wondering. are the shops and kiosks and fake purse people working on sundays and saturdays. Ik its a stupid question but i have no clue. Also do u guys have any tips on shopping there. any good shops. Thanks guys

Asela88

you can get a fake bag on canal st anyday and any hour of the day lol... and honestly just walking around there your going to see so many stores..i dont have any that i can say stand out to me..maybe someone else does

Mabelle

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but i must let you know that those knock offs are made by children who and beaten and tortured. the money gathered from also goes to aid horrible causes.

If you want to read more here and 2 articles. I read about it in Vogue or something, but these articles explain everything fairly well.
Buying Fake Purses is Child Abuse | momlogic.com
Behind Knock Off Designer Handbags

I know you weren't asking for any info. on that, but i feel that people should know. That is all.

Have fun in NY.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asela88
you can get a fake bag on canal st anyday and any hour of the day lol... and honestly just walking around there your going to see so many stores..i dont have any that i can say stand out to me..maybe someone else does

hahaha totally agree!! u took the words out of my mouth!! all the stores seem to sell the same stuff so look around and get the best price. don't be afraid to bargain. they don't put a tag on the stuff for a reason, so they can rip u off!

Blushbaby

You can always haggle, they'll always go lower. I only buy jewellery down there now and tend to buy stuff that isn't on the high street here or that Topshop are selling for 3 times the price.

They all pretty much sell the same stuff to be honest. There's one lady who sells really nice jewellery pieces who I always go to now and she actually remembered me in May from my December visit, but I can't really describe where she is on the street. She's in the middle. See that helped, didn't it?!

The quality of the fake bags are crap to be honest. I bought a fake Gucci wallet and D&G bag the very first time I went to NYC in Summer 07 that both fell apart within 6 weeks. If you don't mind then go for it, but I'd rather just save my money for something that'll last longer than the flight home these days.

Canal Street's good for buying pressies for friends and fam back home. Have fun
smiles.gif

Robby_Raynebow

Thanks for all the info guys. Its really gonna help. I bought a knock off Louis Vuitton around my area at a consignment shop. Its a good fake but There are slight off details. I paid 80. So I want to go down there and get another Louis Vuitton, a chanel, and a burberry. i refuse to spend more than 100 on all 3. does that seem reasonable.