I have a second interview with MAC!

lightsinsorrow

I'm going back in a couple of weeks to do my makeup demo. I was told that I'll have one hour to do a day to night look. The manager wants me to fill a part-time artist position that opens up in September so I won't be starting right away, but I'm still really excited! Wish me luck!

:)

user6

WOW, that's awesome! Congratulations!!! You're halfway in the door, I'm sure you'll do just fantastic!!!

koolmnbv

Congrats! So exciting, what are you planning to do for your look? Colors, products etc. lay it all out for us! Thx and good luck you'll blow them away!

lightsinsorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
Congrats! So exciting, what are you planning to do for your look? Colors, products etc. lay it all out for us! Thx and good luck you'll blow them away!

I have a couple weeks to decide (my demo is in early Aug since the manager will be SUPER busy with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale), so not everything is in cement yet. I'm bring in my friend Colleen as my model. She has chocolate brown hair, gorgeous porcelain skin and bright blue eyes (and awesome lid space). Her skin is very clear and even on its own so I'm considering using plain old Studio Fix on her. The manager told me that I'll have an hour start to finish (excluding prep) to do a day to night look and that she doesn't expect something over the top or perfect...just something that translates well to everyday wear. I'll have to "sell" the products during my demo, and I think Studio Fix could be worked really easily into that. If anything, I might end up using Select Tint.

Speaking of which, what shade would you be in Select Tint if you were a C2 in Studio Fix? NC20?

If I opt for Studio Fix, I'll prep her skin with Studio Moisture Fix. If I use Select Tint, that's all she'll be wearing on her skin.

I'll definitely be using Espresso e/s and clear browset on her brows, Mascara X, 4 Lash for her night look, and Luna CCB underneath as a base. I'm not sure about color selection yet. She can get away with a lot of great looks so I'm having trouble deciding. I might do purples. Grr...so many options.

celesphine

I am not much help in terms of how to do the make up, unfortunately, being a newbie myself.
But congratulations and best of luck.
When I grow up, I want to become a make up artist full time too.

Jenn L.

Best of luck to you!
smiles.gif