I have a voucher, any recommendations?

IHughes

Hi everyone! I have a 10 euro voucher for a local makeup and perfume store. I like to use these vouchers when I get them to purchase something high end that I wouldn't probably buy otherwise. They sell Chanel, Lancôme, Dior and YSL. The rest is drugstore but I'd rather use it on something high end. Does anyone have any recommendations? Some of the things I'm looking into are: - Chanel Les Beiges multi colour in 01 - Dior Lip Glow - Chanel lipstick? Any ideas??

mlijeko

I LOVE the chanel les beiges because they make your skin kind of "healthy looking". They mattify without being too powdery, if that makes any sense :) I also recommend trying a creme blush by chanel, they are just gorgeous. :)

IHughes

Thanks!! Great recommendations, would you go for the regular Les Beiges or the multi colour one?

mlijeko

I own the regular "Les Beiges" in 10 and 40 (which were given to me by a sales assistant as a trial size). 10 is my matching shade and I just love it to pieces, 40 is a heavier bronzing powder for me but it still looks so natural. I own both of the multi coloured ones. The pinkish one is a very beautiful subtle blush because the pink colour shows up on my light skin tone (I'm NC15 as a reference) and I find myself often for it but I tend to use the top two colours of it more as a setting powder. And I use the darker one (only the top two shades VERY lighthanded) as an all-over bronze to warm up my skin. Or all three lighthanded as a bronzer. I can quickly swatch the ones I own on my skin tone if this helps you. :D

IHughes

Hey that would be great help! I'm also very fair and I like the idea of an all-over brightener or as you say just the top or the bottom. I've read they aren't that pigmented to use separately but I don't mind if the quality is good and I can use all over. I'd probably go for multicolour 01 as I'm fair. Thanks so much for the help, I want to splurge but I want to choose well!!

mlijeko

00cfcfbb_image.jpeg
The first one is N10, the next one is N40, after that the multi-colour 1, after that multi-colour 2 (each of the three shades from bottom to top). Multi-colour 1 is not very pigmentes but it does illuminate the skin beautifully because the top shade is a bit shimmery. The multi-colour 2 is more pigmented and the top shade is also shimmery. Both are beautiful but keep in mind that these ones are listed as limited editions at least in Germany. Every "les beiges" has a very light but amazing smell which I love because it just smells fresh (not noticable once you have it applied on your skin). Every one of them is just gorgeous but I find myself reaching for the regular N10 and the multi-colour 1 more often. I tool the photo with direkt artficial lighting because it's already dark outside in Germany. But the colours show up very accuratley :)

IHughes

Thank you so much, that's really useful!! They still have it here as I checked this morning, it costs 43 euros so with the 10 euro discount it would only be 33. I like the multi colour 01 on your skin because I can see the effect but it isn't too dark. I had the Hourglass ambient lighting palette but I gave it to my mum because they were all quite noticeable on me, they made me look a little orangey. What type of brush do you use with it? Do you always use the multicolour 01 all over or do you use the shades separately? Thanks so much for the help!! xx

mlijeko

with a MAC 130 for the times I use it on my undereye area and a MAC 138 for the times I use it for my whole face. These powders are very expensive but I love the quality of them. Especially the chanel powders are very gorgeous! :)

IHughes

Thank you so much!! You have been great help!! I bought it this afternoon, I paid 33 euros with the discount which I think is quite good. I haven't had the chance to play with it but it's so beautiful, the packaging, colours, the smoothness, I think it'll be lovely! I'll tell you what I think!! Thanks again, if you ever need help with anything I'm happy to help!!

mlijeko

You're welcome. I'm glad that I could help you in some way. You definitley won't regret your purchase ;)

Latest posts