I have eyeshadows that I don't know what to do with! Kind of. lol

AmiS4ys

So I have a nice little handful of eyeshadows that I have no idea what to do with, lol. I'd really love any suggestions you have for the following e/s':

Amber Lights
Rated "R"
Pink Freeze
Provence Pigment (pressed into a e/s pan)
Smoke & Diamonds
& Beauty Marked

I've been in kind of a rut, so any ideas would be great. Suggestions can include these colors together, or seperately or whatever. Tutorials are best if you can link them, but if not, just be kind of through with how you'd use each item. I'm pretty dense at times, lol.

FOTD soon!
smiles.gif

TIA!

hawaii02

Use Smoke and Diamonds and Beauty Marked for a purple smoky eye

I would use Rated R on the lid and S&D in the crease or vice versa

Amber Lights on the lid Beauty Marked on the outer corner

Just a few ideas!
smiles.gif

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
Use Smoke and Diamonds and Beauty Marked for a purple smoky eye

I would use Rated R on the lid and S&D in the crease or vice versa

Amber Lights on the lid Beauty Marked on the outer corner

Just a few ideas!
smiles.gif

Thanks! I really like your idea with Beauty Marked and Amber Lights. What would you suggest as a highlight?

panda0410

Rated R is good with Tempting, Dark Edge, Night Manouvers, Springtime Skipper, Golden Olive pigment, ..... other greens and browns, you get the drift. I like that colour with fall colours or other greens on me, but you could probably use it with cooler colours as well. I thinks its pretty similar to Sharp and probably goes well with most of the colours that came with CoC collection as well including some of the above (Tempting, Darke Edge) but also with Cranberry or Sweet Chestnut as well. I really like it paired with Top Hat (or Cassette/Thunder/Fertile, whichever you have) as well, it seems an unlikely combo but I just LOVE it!!!

Smoke & Diamonds is pretty versatile, I personally like it with Satin Taupe, and other earthy, smokey colours, Showstopper, Dark Edge, Black Tied, Carbon, Waft, Gentle Fume, Mineral, Sweet Sienna which is almost the same, etc etc etc. I have used it with Green pigment and other greens as well and the effect was nice, but not as nice as with blacks, silvers, greys, browns.

Beauty Marked looks best over a red base - Flammable paint or Cherry lip liner are great!!! I actually traded away my Beauty Marked because its just too much work, without a good red base the shadow is pretty awful and I still think of this one as being completely craptastic - looks fantastic in the pot, but completely crap without a base applied.

Provence pigment is best used as highlighter IMHO. You can pretty much pair this with anything you like
smiles.gif

My pick with what you have would be Rated R inner corner and mid lid and inner & mid lower lashline, Beauty Marked out lid and outer V and crease as well as outer lower lashline, and Provence used as a highlight to the brow
smiles.gif

Mabelle

Oh girl, amber lights works with just about everything!!!
I LOVE it with a dark deep blue, like deep truth.

Looks fantastic with plumy colours (noctrunelle, fig 1, sketch)
Also lovely with greens like sumptuous olive (sp?) humid green smoke

and obviously its hot with browns.

looks DELISH next to coppering and antiqued.

FiestyFemme

I just wore Amber Lights today. I did Vanilla on the lid, Amber Lights in the crease, and Heritage Rouge p/m in the outer V. I loved it!! I'm not sure what a good dupe for Heritage Rouge is though.

I only like Pink Freeze as a lid color. Try it with Trax, Cranberry, and Beauty Marked. One of my personal fave combos is Pink Freeze on the lid, Trax or Cranberry in the crease, and Beauty Marked in the outer V. It also makes a pretty liner over a black or purple liner; then you can see the red sparkles.

I just recently got Smoke & Diamonds, but I love it paired with Sumptuous Olive! I did S&D on the inner half of the lid with SO on the outer half and Carbon in the outer V. So pretty!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I just wore Amber Lights today. I did Vanilla on the lid, Amber Lights in the crease, and Heritage Rouge p/m in the outer V. I loved it!! I'm not sure what a good dupe for Heritage Rouge is though.

I only like Pink Freeze as a lid color. Try it with Trax, Cranberry, and Beauty Marked. One of my personal fave combos is Pink Freeze on the lid, Trax or Cranberry in the crease, and Beauty Marked in the outer V. It also makes a pretty liner over a black or purple liner; then you can see the red sparkles.

I just recently got Smoke & Diamonds, but I love it paired with Sumptuous Olive! I did S&D on the inner half of the lid with SO on the outer half and Carbon in the outer V. So pretty!

Maroon pigment is the closest, but next to that and pretty good dupes just the same are Cranberry and Sweet Chestnut e/s
smiles.gif

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Maroon pigment is the closest, but next to that and pretty good dupes just the same are Cranberry and Sweet Chestnut e/s
smiles.gif

I was JUST wondering if Cranberry was similar to Heritage Rouge. Thanks for clearing that up!
smiles.gif

SpringDancer

Amber Lights is a great neutral and would go with almost anything as you were told. You could combine it with other neutrals (Bronze, Embark, Jest, Sable, Woodwinked), greens (Humid, Sumptuous Olive, Greensmoke), golds (Goldmine, Gorgeous Gold), purples, oranges, pinks and reds (Nocturnelle, Rule, Star Violet, Cranberry, Trax, Expensive Pink).

Smoke & Diamonds is one of my favorite eyeshadows. As you were told, it would work great with various purples and pinks (Nocturnelle, Star Violet, Sketch, Pink Venus), greens (Club, Sumptuous Olive, Greensmoke), browns, greys and black (Knight Divine, Dark Edge, Embark, Satin Taupe, Carbon).

ForgetRegret

To echo a statement above, Provence is an amazing highlight, very subtle, but very pretty. I love it. Also, Beauty Marked is my eyeliner of choice when I'm not lining the waterline. Wet for a nice, precisely lined look, or dry for a sexy, smokey line that's not as severe as straight up black.
smiles.gif

Rated "r" looks nice (depending on the look you're going for, and how experimental) as a crease color with Vanilla shadow on the lid, or use it on the lid and put Cranberry in the crease...HTH!

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiS4ys
Thanks! I really like your idea with Beauty Marked and Amber Lights. What would you suggest as a highlight?

Dazzlelight is my very favorite highlighter or I like to use Ricepaper with Amber Lights.

MizzVivaGlam

amber lights-lid
bronze-crease
espresso-liner(smudged and smokey on upper and lower lash lines)
nylon-highlight

one of my fave bronzey smokey eyes

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
Dazzlelight is my very favorite highlighter or I like to use Ricepaper with Amber Lights.

Dazzlelight is my favorite highlighter too!!
yes.gif
thmbup.gif

Latest posts