i haven't heard much about mac mascara...

bellaetoile

my suggestion: don't get mac mascara.
none of them are that great.
in fact, since you're supposed to get new mascara every 3-4 months, due to bacteria, get a drugstore one, honestly.
however, mac prep and prime lash is really good,
although the maybelline XXL duo is comparable.

User67

Mascara is one thing that IMO MAC does not make well. I have tried several & the only one I liked was Zoomlash & that one turned all clumpy after only a week's worth of use. I stick with my L'Oreal Volumous.

MAC_Whore

Mehh, it's OK. I have tried them all. With my lashes, I prefer Fibre Rich. MAC's mascara is pretty inexpensive so I guess you get what you pay for. They have a new one in development right now called Upward Lash, or something like that. I will cross my fingers.

jess98765

if you were to get one, get fibre rich, every thing else just doens't really do what it says it should or it clumps like made! the prep and prime is pretty good too
smiles.gif

mskitchmas

I was wondering, I'm not all that pleased either. I just bought the Mascara X (because of the Shop (?) article) and am disappointed.

My fav is Clinique Long Happy Lashes. I have to put on a few coats but my lashes turn out glossy and long.

MAC_Whore

I only use the Prep + Prime on the outer lashes, after I curl them. I do this because I use Fibre Rich. If I use P+P all over and Fibre Rich, I find it a bit too clumpy.

user79

I have heard that Shiseido makes an amazing mascara base, I would choose that over MAC. I also use L'Oreal Voluminous.

Wattage

I must say I agree that MAC's mascaras aren't great at all. I find many drugstore brands, such as L'Oreal, Almay and Cover Girl, to make mascaras that are far superior to MAC's. If you are looking for even better quality, try Clinique or Dior - both have lovely mascaras.

HTH!
smiles.gif

Swept.Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I must say I agree that MAC's mascaras aren't great at all. I find many drugstore brands, such as L'Oreal, Almay and Cover Girl, to make mascaras that are far superior to MAC's. If you are looking for even better quality, try Clinique or Dior - both have lovely mascaras.

HTH!
smiles.gif

I would agree- Dior has the best mascara that I have ever used. Estee Lauder isn't bad either.

YvetteJeannine

I would also agree that MAC 'scara is the one thing of MAC's you shouldn't spend your $$$ on.

On the other hand...I've just bought Givenchy's Eye Fly Mascara. It is new, and rec'd to me by an MA at Sephora...I L
eyelove.gif
VE this stuff!!! IMO, the BEST mascara I've tried...and I've tried a few (D.S. and Counter brands). According to the MA (I can't vouch personally for this) it's even better than Shu Uemera's Fiber Optic mascara..and that's pretty great stuff according to many gals. At almost $23, the Givenchy is kinda' spendy, but worth every red cent, IMO. Hope that helped!
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

Please please please do not buy MAC mascara. It's a nightmare in itself!
I can't wear it because everytime I do my eyes swell up and i look kinda scary (scarier than usual HA!) but please do not buy that-total waste of money!

lara

MAC mascara seems to be one giant YMMV.

Me, I'm a Bad Gal Lash user to the bone.
winks.gif

Luxurious

i have fibre rich and it isnt that bad but there are much more which are better. i think you could try dior show or benefit bad gal. their famous ans popular. I think you cant go wring with them or with a drugstore mascara. maybe a really cheap one. i had mascaras which are/was very cheap and mac mascara(fibre rich) is nor really better that the cheap ones.

Pootle_around

I have tried two - Fibre Lash and X. Fibre lash got clumpy within 3 days of opening - and I NEVER pump the wand - although it did thicken lashes quite well. However the fibres were visible, which did not look nice. The X was supposed to be ultra-volumising but I was disapointed. It is a very thin mascara and didn't do much to thicken or lengthen. The brush was very good though - a good shape to get right into the corners. I will not try any more MAC mascara's. For a good cheap mascara I like Maybelline's Volum' Express.

Ithica

I've just fibre lash and wish I hadn't wasted my money... I'm really dissapointed and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I found the Maxfactor's masterpeice much better to be honest..

MissMisah

i hate mac mascaras with a passion!
ive tried seriously every mascara out there -- from drugstore to high end...the ONLY thing that i absolutely swear by is called "Faux Lashes" by Katie B. Cosmetics. I dunno if anyone here has heard of it...but I live, eat, and breathe this stuff. It's the creation of a serious up & coming makeup artist here in Cali. Her main marketing point is that it helps with asian lashes (really short & super straight) ...i dont have that problem...but i still use it with AMAZING results!

Latest posts