i heart my new MA

islandblossom

i just happened to stop by the mall after work to return a necklace from Charlotte Rousse when I decided to also check out MAC since it was a weekday and I figured it was less crowded.

I was approached by one of the the MAs and she asked me if I needed any help. I told her about how jeanna uses gold deposit msf and it makes her skin look all glowy but she said that that was a limited item and they no longer have it. (is that true?) :confused:

So instead she recommended hyper real foundation for me and she started asking me those investigative questions and we realized that the old MA I used to go to said I was a NW 40 when really I'm actually a lot lighter. In fact, in hyper real i'm nw 400. that's a big color difference!
icon_eek.gif
not to mention the fact that my concealer was a nw 35 and should be 30.

anyway, i heart my new MA because at least she had the guts to tell me the truth about my "wrong" foundation. maybe the other MA wasn't paying attention to me very well as a client or maybe my skin was just darker back then. *shrug*

btw, what should i do with the nw 40? should i throw it out or can i use that for contouring?

serendipityii

Use it for summertime, when your skin changes color slightly due to the sun and any tanning you may be doing. =)

MissMisah

im not sure about the contouring -- it might not be dark enough...but def dont throw it out!! add it to the stuff you can bring back2mac to get a free lipstick!! =)

kaliraksha

You can always try selling it/swapping it here? Also, the msf was LE... there are some on Ebay though... I have naked you and I actually like putting it around my eyes it makes a neat going out look... MSF's don't actually make my skin look glowy but Revlon skinlights do. I think my MSF's are a little too glittery =( There will be probably me more MSF's out by the end of the year (summer is my MA's prediction?).. so try sometime then?

I love my new MA ... he is a fabulous man and he tells what's hot on me... and he's great and gives me real suggestions.. so when I can I wait for him =)

SushiFlower

NW40 & NW400 are the same color basically. They are the equivilant to eachother. Maybe you're skin was a little darker when your first MA tried it on you. If it was late summer versus now. In any case, keep the other one in case you get one hell of a tan
smiles.gif

I'm glad you have a new lovely MA though, that's fantastic!!