I ::heart:: nail polish!

Miz Pina

The only problem with taking pics of a nail polish collection is that by the time you finish uploading, the pics are already out of date!

I recently posted this elsewhere but thought some of you here might appreciate them too.

My Nfu-Oh Army...these ladies mean business!
DSC09392.jpg

HoloLeopardOPI Traincase - Closed
DSC09394.jpg

HoloLeopardOPI Traincase - Open
DSC09395.jpg

Someone needs to tidy up around her Helmer…
DSC09397.jpg

Franken wheel experiment, cotton, konad, spare ballz (note to self: where did my bag of nail wheels go???)
DSC09398.jpg

OCD Felt storage, pointy qtips, manicure sticks, files, etc…
DSC09399.jpg

Somewhere over the rainbow…
DSC09401.jpg

It’s not easy being green
DSC09402.jpg

Mo' Blues, Mo'Better!
DSC09403.jpg

Pink and Purple and Tea Parties
DSC09404.jpg

Ravishing Reds
DSC09405.jpg

And the Holo/Glittah/Top Coat dreams that you dare to dream really do come true…
DSC09406.jpg

High-End/Misc
DSC09407.jpg

Not yet put into the sorting hat
DSC09413.jpg

MIA are my Lippmanns, traincase full o’minis (I think I’m getting rid of the minis though), back-ups, a few other odds and ends and an embarrassing amount of recent purchases.

Thanks for looking!

Miz Pina

Thanks! I binged on the NFU's when they first started showing up a couple years ago. The flakies and cremes are A+. I love them! The frosts can be awkward. On their own they can be streaky so I pretty much just use them to add a layer of shimmer.

Miz Pina

Aw thanks! I'll admit I have a pretty good size assortment but I see much much larger collections online and they make me swoon!! The good thing about nail polish is that with a little seche restore it basically lives forever.

Hilde - Those Nfu oh corset bottles really are just the cutest ever! I've seen some european distributor websites so many you can find some if you are interested.

Also thought it might be helpful since some people in the Stash and Stats forum were recently asking about the IKEA Helmer to post a few pics and show how much you can fit in one (and in these pics mine isn't even full yet). I think depending on the bottle shape you can generally fit up to 80 maybe more per drawer.

KaylaDMakeup

this is ah-maze-ing I have never seen so many nail polishes
holysheep.gif
!!! good work!!
I myself do not wear that much polish, I never have time to do it and as soon as it chips i pick at it and end up picking off all the nail polish.
Question though, I have found with my polishes that they dry up after about 6 months or so. how do you avoid this?? or are you constantly throwing yours out?
Love and Blessings

P.S I know I'm such a noob this must be such a dumb question
noob.gif

Miz Pina

No worries. Please don't toss those old polishes! Get yourself some Nail Polish Thinner. When your nail polish or top coat starts getting thick, pop in a few drops of thinner until you get back the consistency you like, roll it around a bit and you should be good to go. I've only used Seche Restore but there are a lot of other brands out there too that are probably just as good.

Scrangie has a great post on her blog about reviving totally dried out polish with thinner: http://www.scrangie.com/2008/12/restoring-polish-quite-possibly-most.html

Vixxan

That is a sweet collection of nail polishes. I recently purchased three bottles of Nfu Oh, l loved them so much I went back for more. Thanks for the run down on the NFU OH polishes. I was planning to purchase some of their frost polishes but I think I will go with the cremes instead. To keep my polishes from drying out I use BB's. I add a couple of BB's and shake them from time to time. I haven't had any of mine dry out. For storage I used a CD rack from Wal-mart http://theglamshack.blogspot.com/search/label/Nail Polish. If you adjust the shelf it can hold approximately 600 bottles. I had to add shelf paper to it to keep them from falling off. Thanks for sharing your collection.

KaylaDMakeup

No worries. Please don't toss those old polishes! Get yourself some Nail Polish Thinner. When your nail polish or top coat starts getting thick, pop in a few drops of thinner until you get back the consistency you like, roll it around a bit and you should be good to go. I've only used Seche Restore but there are a lot of other brands out there too that are probably just as good.

Scrangie has a great post on her blog about reviving totally dried out polish with thinner: http://www.scrangie.com/2008/12/restoring-polish-quite-possibly-most.html
Thank you so much for this!!! I have used nail polish thinner in the past but it hasn't worked that well but the blog post was great, just fixed a polish that was totally dried out!!!
Love and Blessings!!!

Latest posts